Various DarkRP Server Issues

xXBryanXx
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Various DarkRP Server Issues

Post by xXBryanXx »

The first obvious issue is no paycheck on the server. I used the already loaded darkrp from the dropdown menu, just telling that first of all. I also have wiremod installed from the dropdown menu. Ok, so I noticed in the server console it says this:

Code: Select all

07:32:50 Lua Error: [ERROR] gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/server/player.lua:387: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'money' (a nil value) 1. AddMoney - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/server/player.lua:387 2. callback - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/server/player.lua:404 3. RetrieveSalary - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/server/data.lua:748 4. PayDay - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/server/player.lua:398 5. unknown - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/server/player.lua:372
I am not a coder and have no idea what that means, so if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Second issue: Map

I cannot find a map that i can install from putting the link in the control panel, and when I do I can't find the mapname (rp_downtown_v2 doesn't work) to change the map. I need ALOT more help, so if anyone is interested in helping even more, can you possibly add me on steam xXBryanXx I have the asian spongebob avatar.

Thanks.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Various DarkRP Server Issues

Post by Edge100x »

The first sounds like a bug in DarkRP, but I'm not very familiar with this game mode myself.

As far as custom maps, you would need to download these to your computer and then upload them to the server through its FTP, putting them into the "garrysmod/maps" folder there. After you do this, you can change to the map or make it the default starting map.
xXBryanXx
New to forums
New to forums

Post by xXBryanXx »

Well, thanks for the reply, but that doesn't help me much. Do you think getting a different darkrp from somewhere else instead of using the preloaded one would work?
beskor
New to forums
New to forums

Post by beskor »

You need to run the latest version of DarkRP which you can grab from the github; https://github.com/FPtje/DarkRP

It looks like you're running an old version which isn't compatible with Garry's Mod 13.