Server Workshop Addons

MistaHMee
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server Workshop Addons

Post by MistaHMee »

Seeing as there has been an update to Garry's Mod since the last post about this topic was made and seeing as that post is out of date I was wondering if someone could update me on the new way to add workshop addons to my Garry's Mod Server.

I see one of the "Easy Setup" options allows you to enter the API key and Collection ID and it says "To have your server download addons from a Workshop Collection, enter your API key and the Collection ID. The next time the server is started, it will download the files in the Collection." but I have entered the API key and Collection ID into their respective boxes multiple times to no avail. The addon is not download and not only that but now ULX is having issues loading and can only run in offline mode. Also each map change it leaves the TTT gamemode in a "Waiting" period with the timer stuck at 0:00.

I also tried the steps on http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Server/Workshop but I have the same issues.

Neither method seems to work even after a few restarts each way. Any help will be much appreciated.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Server Workshop Addons

Post by kraze »

Does the same happen with other collections as well? Can you post the collection ID you are using so others can check it and confirm it is indeed valid?

In my experience Gmod has always had issues with the workshop and downloading/mounting them properly.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
MistaHMee
New to forums
New to forums

Post by MistaHMee »

The collection I tried using is 139218760
And now it works out of the blue. I guess there was a set amount of restarts it required?
Right around 20ish.
Now in my addons folder I have this file ds_105463332.gma
I assume that is how it should be.
The problem now is not with the addon but still with ULX and the TTT mapchange
round error I mentioned before. The exact issue with ULX is when I try opening the ULX/XGUI menu:

Code: Select all

XGUI has not initialized properly with the server. This could be caused by a heavy server load after a mapchange, a major error during XGUI server startup, or XGUI not being installed.
Also this is what prints to my console when joining the server:

Code: Select all

Trouble in Terrorist Town
Map: clue
Players: 5 / 20
Build: 5266
Server Number: 2

{SG}Spittfire Gaming 24/7 ttt 1-hit knife | grapple hook | zedtime | Jihad

terrortown
clue
Requesting 1 lua files from the server
ConVarRef ttt_time_limit_minutes doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef ttt_round_limit doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef ttt_zedtime_traitor doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef ttt_zedtime_detective doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef ttt_zedtime_enable doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef gmod_physiterations doesn't point to an existing ConVar
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$STARTFADESIZE in particle/vistasmokev1/vistasmokev1_nearcull
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$ENDFADESIZE in particle/vistasmokev1/vistasmokev1_nearcull
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$BLENDFRAMES in particle/vistasmokev1/vistasmokev1_nearcull
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$DEPTHBLEND in particle/vistasmokev1/vistasmokev1_nearcull
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$STARTFADESIZE in particle/fire_burning_character/fire_burning_character
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$ENDFADESIZE in particle/fire_burning_character/fire_burning_character
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$BLENDFRAMES in particle/fire_burning_character/fire_burning_character
MDLCache: props_interiors\Furniture_Lamp01a.mdl needs to be recompiled
MDLCache: props_junk\Shoe001a.mdl needs to be recompiled
MDLCache: props_c17/pottery04a.mdl needs to be recompiled
MDLCache: props_c17\pottery08a.mdl needs to be recompiled
MDLCache: props_c17/pottery01a.mdl needs to be recompiled
MDLCache: props_c17/pottery02a.mdl needs to be recompiled
MDLCache: props_interiors\Furniture_Desk01a.mdl needs to be recompiled
MDLCache: props_junk\garbage_metalcan002a.mdl needs to be recompiled
MDLCache: props_c17\metalPot001a.mdl needs to be recompiled
MDLCache: props_c17\metalPot002a.mdl needs to be recompiled
MDLCache: props_junk/metal_paintcan001a.mdl needs to be recompiled
No pure server whitelist. sv_pure = 0
MDLCache: props_c17\FurniturePipeCluster001a.mdl needs to be recompiled
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_italy/winerack_small.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props/cs_italy/winerack_small.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/tree_deciduous_card_01_skybox.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/tree_deciduous_card_01_skybox.mdl)
SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_foliage/bramble001a.mdl)
clientside lua startup!
Lua JIT is DISABLED!
You are running ULib version 2.50.
[ULIB] Loading SHARED module: ulx_init.lua
[ULX] Loading CLIENT module: motdmenu.lua
[ULX] Loading CLIENT module: uteam.lua
[ULX] Loading CLIENT module: xgui_client.lua
[ULX] Loading CLIENT module: xgui_helpers.lua
[ULX] Loading CLIENT module: xlib.lua
[ULX] Loading SHARED module: chat.lua
[ULX] Loading SHARED module: fun.lua
[ULX] Loading SHARED module: menus.lua
[ULX] Loading SHARED module: rcon.lua
[ULX] Loading SHARED module: teleport.lua
[ULX] Loading SHARED module: ttt.lua
[ULX] Loading SHARED module: ulxtempuser.lua
[ULX] Loading SHARED module: user.lua
[ULX] Loading SHARED module: userhelp.lua
[ULX] Loading SHARED module: util.lua
[ULX] Loading SHARED module: utime.lua
[ULX] Loading SHARED module: vote.lua
[ULX] Loading SHARED module: warn.lua
Included TTT language file: chef.lua
Included TTT language file: english.lua
TTT Client initializing...
ULX version <SVN> revision 130 loaded.
Welcome to {SG}Spittfire Gaming 24/7 ttt 1-hit knife | grapple hook | zedtime | Jihad! We're playing clue.
[UTime]Welcome back MistaH Mee, you last played on this server 04/14/13 22:42:54
Decay timer running
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$STARTFADESIZE in particle/vistasmokev1/vistasmokev1_nearcull
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$ENDFADESIZE in particle/vistasmokev1/vistasmokev1_nearcull
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$BLENDFRAMES in particle/vistasmokev1/vistasmokev1_nearcull
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$DEPTHBLEND in particle/vistasmokev1/vistasmokev1_nearcull
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$STARTFADESIZE in particle/fire_burning_character/fire_burning_character
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$ENDFADESIZE in particle/fire_burning_character/fire_burning_character
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$BLENDFRAMES in particle/fire_burning_character/fire_burning_character
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$STARTFADESIZE in particle/vistasmokev1/vistasmokev1
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$ENDFADESIZE in particle/vistasmokev1/vistasmokev1
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$BLENDFRAMES in particle/vistasmokev1/vistasmokev1
unrecognized conditional test GPU<2?$DEPTHBLEND in particle/vistasmokev1/vistasmokev1
TTT Client post-init...

///////////////////////////////////////
//  ULX GUI -- Made by Stickly Man!  //
// Loading GUI Modules...            //
//   bans.lua                        //
//   commands.lua                    //
//   groups.lua                      //
//   maps.lua                        //
//   settings.lua                    //
// Loading Setting Modules...        //
//   client.lua                      //
//   server.lua                      //
// Loading Gamemode Module(s)...     //
//   No module found!                //
// Modules Loaded!                   //

Compact freed 540672 bytes
Redownloading all lightmaps
Unknown command: _xgui
Server default language is:	english
] ttt_roundrestart
]
I have to type in "ttt_roundrestart" after each map change or the server just sits in the endless waiting period with the timer stuck at 0:00.
MistaHMee
New to forums
New to forums

Post by MistaHMee »

Well I have fixed my issue but I'm still wondering when will the knowledge base be updated with the correct way to add workshop files to Gmod servers seeing as workshop.vdf no longer exists.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

MistaHMee wrote:Well I have fixed my issue but I'm still wondering when will the knowledge base be updated with the correct way to add workshop files to Gmod servers seeing as workshop.vdf no longer exists.
Should just need to be removed since we've added options in the control panel for it now.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

If your installing a long list of addons or large ones, it can take a long time to download.
connection on server end might be good, but workshop end really sucks. Some addons can be very slow to download.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/