Where is the command line?

Epsilon
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Where is the command line?

Post by Epsilon »

I'm trying to find the command line for my server, and I don't want to get NFO's easy panels to do this for me. Where is it?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Where is the command line?

Post by kraze »

We do not offer command line access for most games as it's not normally needed, and exposing the command line makes it possible to override ordered settings on most games. Just about anything that needs to be set on the command can be done via a config file or is built into the control panel itself.

For Gmod specifically you'll find many options on the "Server control" tab and "Easy setup" tab. For instance:

- Server control tab for JIT, LUA autorefresh and sv_pure.
- Easy setup tab for the workshop API key and collection ID
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Where is the command line?

Post by Edge100x »

Since managed VDS and managed dedicated server customers can control their own server specifications, those customers can directly change the command lines for their servers on the "Managed panel" page. But, I still recommend using the other control panel pages, instead, as the systems are not built to handle manual command line adjustments, and our methods of setting things (potentially not through the command line) are well-tested and generally best.