ULX/ULIB Now Only Work On Windows Servers

MoNeYINPHX
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

ULX/ULIB Now Only Work On Windows Servers

Post by MoNeYINPHX »

I have always used a Linux Managed machine, but after the SteamPipe Update, ULX and ULIB now only work on Windows based servers. I don't know when Garry will make a fix, but until then, if your VDS or VPS is running Linux, I would recommend switching to Windows. If you have Minecraft servers, you may be SOL for right now. You can either buy a separate VDS or server for your Minecraft servers, or do the same thing for your Garry's Mod servers.

If you want to know how to switch your OS on your VDS, make sure to remove all servers that depend on a Linux server, such as Minecraft. Once that is done, you will have the option to switch to a windows server and keep all game files intact. This is under the SERVER CONTROL tab in your "Virtuals" which is your VDS's.

Note that mine says switch to Linux, but it will say the opposite OS depending on what your VDS has.
Stuffing
New to forums
New to forums

Re: ULX/ULIB Now Only Work On Windows Servers

Post by Stuffing »

Hate to bump a thread, but just incase people are still having this issue, the simple fix is to rename all files to lowercase.

For example, The SVN download of ulib is called "ULib". Renaming "ULib" to "ulib" will allow it to load.

The same goes for wire and Adv Duplicator.

I have tested it an I am running a Managed Linux OS ( I too have minecraft servers and couldn't allow myself to switch back to windows)

Thread: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1 ... st40970281
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: ULX/ULIB Now Only Work On Windows Servers

Post by Edge100x »

Good to know. I've changed the defaults so that new installs use lowercase.