Maps aren't changing plus i need help on playing sounds

da360bomb
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Maps aren't changing plus i need help on playing sounds

Post by da360bomb »

I have set up my ttt server but i cannot get the sv_defaultgamemode "terrortown" to work so i gave myself super admin and changed it manually to minecraft_b5 terrortown u have added the map names on from the garrysmod website and put them into a cycle but the maps do not change or show up on the ulx menu. Also if anyone could help me on putting mp3 files into my server i would much appreciate it
Fixer243
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Re: Maps aren't changing plus i need help on playing sounds

Post by Fixer243 »

Add me on Steam my name is Fixer243 ( pic of Disturbed ) It is a longer process that i will have to walk you through then tell you
da360bomb
New to forums
New to forums

Post by da360bomb »

ok i added you on steam my steam name is da360bomb
ThatGuyNex
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ThatGuyNex »

You can set up the default game mode on the easy set up tab of your control panel. Just set the value to "terrortown" and it will start off in that mode. As far as adding MP3's to your server, are you talking about the end of round sounds? The addon for that can be found here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =125659070
da360bomb
New to forums
New to forums

Post by da360bomb »

the defaultgamemode worked but the sounds i wanted to add can be for end of round music but i need to find the folder or make a folder to put them in where this folder goes i have no idea. I already have end of round music in my server just no songs to play at the end.
joshh20
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by joshh20 »

You would just copy the MP3 files over via FTP to the sound folder, and then from there you would need to force the client to download them so they can be played.

I have mine setup in lua/autorun/music.lua
Then you would need to add the code:

Code: Select all

resource.AddFile( "sound/NameOfSoundHere.mp3" )
Note that the file name is case sensitive. So by the end, you have the sound uploaded to the sound folder and then create a file in the directory above called music.lua with that code in it, with the file name customized accordingly.