Addons don't work after restore.

Clouds
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Addons don't work after restore.

Post by Clouds »

My server is on a VPS and was very recently wiped then backed up. The server has everything there including all the tools for the toolgun and the gun addons. The problem is for some reason the guns do not work along with some of the addons. The guns were counter strike source ones so I installed counter strike source and it still didn't work. Then after I tried restarted the server and got a brand new download of some of the addons and some still didn't work like the counter strike source weapons.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Addons don't work after restore.

Post by Edge100x »

Is your server able to mount the CS:S content correctly? I recommend double-checking the mount.cfg to make sure it's still valid and contains what we originally included.
Clouds
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Clouds »

I'm not sure what the original mount.cfg looks like but I think it doesn't seem right.

This is the the mount.cfg looks like. http://gyazo.com/5e82833afd7d812c6fdf0b59a4b83072

Counter Strike isn't the only thing not working though.
joshh20
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by joshh20 »

That's weird, I believe that is the proper directory for mounting CS:S, as it is working for me. I wonder if something else isn't going on here.
Clouds
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Clouds »

I'm not sure but people who go on my server are messaging me asking me to fix something I don't know how.
Clouds
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Clouds »

Also extra information is that the server is linux and I even tried making a new server to test the weapons and they weapons didn't work on a brand new server.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Clouds, please open a support request and I'll manually check the permissions to see if they're set up right.

Garrysmod has never worked very well on Linux and that could also be part of it. I do not recommend running any Garrysmod server on Linux.