Server Crashes

M60Warrior
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server Crashes

Post by M60Warrior »

Hello,

My Garry's Mod server keeps crashing without any errors in the console.log.

I uploaded my .dump file to http://dumps.metastruct.uk.to and it has a "Exception" error in it.

I have no clue how to read Dump files. I contacted support they suggested to post here.

So,

Here is the dump file http://dumps.metastruct.uk.to/dumper.py ... _24C0.mdmp if someone that knows how to read these could take a look it would be greatly appreciated.

Also the support team said "The error here is specific, but it's cryptic." so if that is any help.

Thanks,
- Logan
M60Warrior
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Server Crashes

Post by M60Warrior »

I debugged the .bump in Visual Studios for the heck of it and it came up with

Code: Select all

Unhandled exception at 0x5FC02510 (server.dll) in exec_slgrp_1678491_crash_2013_9_24T0_35_24C0.mdmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.
*Couldn't find edit button*
M60Warrior
New to forums
New to forums

Post by M60Warrior »

Bump
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

When did this crashing? Were any recent changes made to your server around that time?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
M60Warrior
New to forums
New to forums

Post by M60Warrior »

kraze wrote:When did this crashing? Were any recent changes made to your server around that time?
No nothing different.
The server crashes any where from 1-3 times a day no errors in logs but it does create dump files.
The dump files are the only thing I have to go on.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Does -condebug reveal any information? Have you gone through all of your addons and make sure they're all updated and working with the latest game version?

Also have you noticed anything specific about the crashes such on a specific map or when X amount of players join..etc?
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
M60Warrior
New to forums
New to forums

Post by M60Warrior »

kraze wrote:Does -condebug reveal any information? Have you gone through all of your addons and make sure they're all updated and working with the latest game version?

Also have you noticed anything specific about the crashes such on a specific map or when X amount of players join..etc?

Nope -condebug does not show anything other than normal chat messages and spawning of things.

I have tried every addon and they all work fine.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Have you tried disabling your adons as a whole to see if the crashing stops?
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
M60Warrior
New to forums
New to forums

Post by M60Warrior »

No, I have not tried disabling all addons.

It would be hard to get 20-30 players on a Vanilla DarkRP for a couple hours straight to test to see if it crashes.
Outerspace2014
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Outerspace2014 »

This is possibly the glitch that Gmod 13 introduced, it crashes the server when a ragdoll glitches out a ton, players can do this purposely or accidentally. This glitch can be fixed with a simple line of code that can found here. Just find what code you want to use (There are a few different variations) and then make a new file named whatever you would like, such as example.lua then place it in the - garrysmod/lua/autorun/ - folder. It should work and stop all crashes, if they persist you may have to tweak the code for the better fitting of your server and/or hardware.
Owner Of OSGaming
Our Website