Game Server Questions.

fast0nitro
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Game Server Questions.

Post by fast0nitro »

Hello NFO I have recently gotten a decently popular gmod ttt server and now want it to be hosted. I saw the game server price for a gmod server and was very supprised by how it was only 15usd ish. I have never used any vps or anything like this So I have a few questions.

1. how do I transfer my server over to it?

2. will It have a desktop or will it only be cmd?

3. how diffacult would it be for me, as a newby to set this up?

4. and finally what is the different between a vps and this game server?

Thanks very much! and remember I really have no clue about these things but am
very eager to learn!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Game Server Questions.

Post by soja »

You will upload your custom files through FTP to the game server

The server is managed through the control panel, you will not have desktop or command line access to the server.

If you have managed to set everything up on a home computer, not hard at all! It should be pretty basic to move and set up, and NFO has the best support you can find.

A VPS(or VDS as they are known here) would be your own "slice" of a physical machine. You can get things like remote desktop for windows or SSH access on linux. Your OS would be completely isolated from other users on the machine. However, on un-managed(1 or 2 core have to be unmanaged) you are responsible for managing software yourself, and NFO support can't help you as much if you run into issues. Managed vs unmanaged is discussed more here: http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =51&t=4559

Remember, if this is your FIRST order at NFO, you may be elligible for a 2-day trial(if you run into issues/are unhappy you can cancel without being charged anything).
Not a NFO employee
fast0nitro
New to forums
New to forums

Post by fast0nitro »

Ah thank you very much good sir!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

You're welcome!

If you have any more questions please ask!
Not a NFO employee