Addons through workshop

tinymidget1979
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Addons through workshop

Post by tinymidget1979 »

I'm wondering how I go about getting addons for my server. I have created an API key, and given the id for the mod I want, but nothing seems to happen. Those fields still contain the inputted Api Key and id, but I haven't seen any addon in-game. Am I doing something wrong?
Siren
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Addons through workshop

Post by Siren »

Have you checked out our tool to automatically add addons in the easy set up tab of your control panel?
<Spray> Please try locking your modem in a closet, or facing it towards the wall in the corner, so it knows its misbehaved
tinymidget1979
New to forums
New to forums

Post by tinymidget1979 »

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I am using the Easy Setup tab to do this. I have put the API key and Collection ID in the two specified fields in the Easy Setup. However I haven't seen anything downloaded as a result of this.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

tinymidget1979 wrote:Sorry, I should have been more clear. I am using the Easy Setup tab to do this. I have put the API key and Collection ID in the two specified fields in the Easy Setup. However I haven't seen anything downloaded as a result of this.
Are you actually putting a collection ID in and not the item ID? Once those are in and saved, have you rebooted the server?

If so, try enabling -condebug via the server control tab in your control panel and view your console.log file which will be generated in the root of your "garrysmod" folder. This will give you percise information on if it downloaded or not.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!