My server just crashes randomly

Justin Yates
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

My server just crashes randomly

Post by Justin Yates »

One of the guys at NFO installed condebug on my server as I have been experiencing random server restarts. This error is the only think that I found and I have seen players including myself crash individually with the same error.

[ERROR] gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/doorsystem/sv_doorvars.lua:33: attempt to index local 'doorData' (a nil value)
1. addKeysDoorTeam - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/doorsystem/sv_doorvars.lua:33
2. callback - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/base/sv_data.lua:344
3. query - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/database.lua:145
4. setUpTeamOwnableDoors - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/base/sv_data.lua:337
5. onFinished - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/base/sv_data.lua:152
6. commit - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/database.lua:59
7. initDatabase - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/base/sv_data.lua:149
8. Call - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/base/sv_gamemode_functions.lua:81
9. unknown - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/libraries/database.lua:33

Any ideas on how I can fix this. I know its those deviled doors, they are out to get me.
Justin Yates
New to forums
New to forums

Re: My server just crashes randomly

Post by Justin Yates »

Bump please help one of my friends said a way to fix this is to reinstall the server but if I do that everyone's money will be lost. Anybody? Please help, my community is getting really mad.
ThatGuyNex
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by ThatGuyNex »

That is a pretty general error, and it doesn't really point to anything specific. One very possible cause though is that your door data has gotten corrupted is some fashion. If it is any specific doors that are causing that error to show up you could try resetting them, and then manually setting them back to however they were before hand. Another option is to just wipe the door data and reset everything, of course I'm not sure how difficult that would be for you.
Justin Yates
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Justin Yates »

How do I wipe the door data? where would the doors be located?
Justin Yates
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Justin Yates »

Ive gone through and updated every file that was included and it might have worked but my current main issue is door groups arnt saving to doors and neither are jail positions
Justin Yates
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Justin Yates »

nevermind I figured it out
Justin Yates
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Justin Yates »

I had wiped my server and it worked for a day and now its corrupted again! Can someone please just help me?!! Door groups arnt saving anymore and my server just randomly crashes again.
joshh20
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by joshh20 »

Are you getting that exact Lua error at the same time that the server crashes? I have a feeling that isn't what is causing it as there is a longstanding bug with rag dolls that have been causing many servers to crash. So far Garry has been unable to fix it, although he has been made aware of the problem.