Server shows player

tnarocks
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Server shows player

Post by tnarocks »

When I restart my server is shows a person in it called Max Players with 24 and been in there for 02:44:31. How do I get rid of that? Is that a known bug since one of the Updates? And my server still shows it timing out all the time. Is that a known bug also? And my addons are loaded but is there a good rcon program that you can view server with other then Hlsw since its not supported anymore.
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Server shows player

Post by $atanic $pirit »

These are not bugs, but valve introduced some new cvars. Add these to server.cfg and you should be able to see it.

host_name_store
host_info_show 2
host_players_show 2

Code: Select all

On 2/27/2014, Valve released an update to CS:GO with changes related to querying a server.

host_name_store
host_info_show 2
host_players_show 2

http://steamcommunity.com/games/CSGO/announcements/detail/1766839795013106028

"Valve wrote:
- Added convar host_name_store to indicate whether host name is revealed in queries and GOTV. Host name is always printed in status command output.
- Added convar host_info_show, operators can set it to the following values: 0 to block server info queries; 1 (default) to respond with all details excluding identities; 2 to respond with all available details.
- Added convar host_players_show, operators can set it to the following values: 0 to block server players queries; 1 (default) to respond only with max players and uptime; 2 to respond with all players details."
tnarocks
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by tnarocks »

$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

Can you see people in the server, if you click on "view server info." or in "Community server list" ?

Also is your server added to gametracker and does gametracker show players in there?

I never used HLSW, never felt the need to use it. But if you can see players in above scenarios then your server side is fine.
NukeSter
New to forums
New to forums

Post by NukeSter »

host_name_store
host_info_show 2
host_players_show 2
sv_max_queries_sec 5

Add this to your server to show players and to get the redline timing out to stop.