Map Voting Issue

Wrangler
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Map Voting Issue

Post by Wrangler »

About a week ago I had NFO do a complete wipe because I was having auto-disconnect issues. After the wipe I autoinstalled Metamod and Source mod from the control panel and uploaded my non-stock maps (about 10). There is nothing else running on this server.

Problem:
Using Sourcemod's voting we can successfully select a map (eg Nuke). When the round ends the server announces that we headed to a different map (eg. de_dust).

I'd like to know what is causing this conflict (I assume it sourcemod bumping heads with CS:GO native map voting?) and exactly which file to disable to let only one map voting utility work
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Map Voting Issue

Post by soja »

My other post tells you how to disable Valves voting

You can disable sourcemod map voting by moving mapchooser.smx into the disabled folder.
Not a NFO employee
Wrangler
A regular
A regular

Post by Wrangler »

soja wrote:My other post tells you how to disable Valves voting

You can disable sourcemod map voting by moving mapchooser.smx into the disabled folder.
Its kind of unclear, I'm not sure which voting is taking precedence. What I'm seeing, and what I'd like to keep, is a column of maps that show up on the left side of the screen.

I think my issue, I'm not 100% sure, is that the vote is occurring but the map cycle is still somehow in conflict with it.
Wrangler
A regular
A regular

Post by Wrangler »

I looked into my server and mapchooser.smx is already in the disabled folder?
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

I think the plugin u need for sourcemod is "show the right map plugin."
Its what i used when i was running csgo

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthrea ... ?p=1793152
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

Well I might have an idea on where the issue might be. Can you post the output from mapcycle.txt and gamemodes_server.txt.
Wrangler
A regular
A regular

Re: Map Voting Issue RESOLVED

Post by Wrangler »

"Problem: Using Sourcemod's voting we can successfully select a map (eg Nuke). When the round ends the server announces that we headed to a different map (eg. de_dust)."

After an extensive search of the web I finally came across a solution for the screwed up map vote changes in CS:GO. It seems that valves native map voting and sourcemod's map voting have issues playing together. The actual vote is handled by Valve but the sourcemod nextmap.smx manages to get involved when the actual map change occurs.

Solution:
Move the sourcemod nextmap.smx file into the disabled folder. Fixed.

I tested this myself. I played 3 maps with bots just to be certain that whatever was voted on was what came up.

Hope it helps!
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

Just to add to the topic. You can have similar issues if sequence of maps in mapcycle.txt and gamemodes_server.txt is different. Make sure they are in exact order.
Wrangler
A regular
A regular

Post by Wrangler »

$atanic $pirit wrote:Just to add to the topic. You can have similar issues if sequence of maps in mapcycle.txt and gamemodes_server.txt is different. Make sure they are in exact order.
Good to know. Thanks!