sv_search_key ?

$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

sv_search_key ?

Post by $atanic $pirit »

Finally the day comes when i'm gonna post my first thread on nfo forums. Well I have been messing around with cs go lately and I couldn't find a way to connect to my server from lobby. Now, I'm not talking about match making here. What I want is to wait with my friends in lobby till everyone joins and then take everyone to server.

It was too easy in L4D2, but for some reason mm_force_dedicated_servers no longer works in cs go. I tried to use sv_search_key method, but wasn't successful at it.

Is there another way of doing it? A detailed explanation would be appreciated.
Where is Soja when you need him?
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: sv_search_key ?

Post by soja »

mm_dedicated_force_servers "74.91.113.195:27015"

You can add multiple servers to the search by using ,

Ex:
mm_dedicated_force_servers "74.91.113.195:27015,74.91.115.172:27015"

The port MUST be included, even if it is default, and you cannot use hostnames, IPs only.
Not a NFO employee
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

It didn't work for me. I know how to use that command, did it plenty of times on L4D2, but for some reason it won't work on CS GO.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Notice the words are flip flopped a bit.

I was able to make a lobby(just me, was testing) and get put into my server that I specified in the command.

If you are sure you used the right command, let me know and I will look in my server cfgs for anything that might be out of the ordinary that is allowing me to do this. Although I tested on a random server chosen from gametracker and it worked there too :o
Not a NFO employee
$atanic $pirit
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by $atanic $pirit »

It worked now, but for some reason it wasn't before. Oh and btw i can't type the wrong command because i usually type first words in command and select it from console.

Does lobby reservation has anything to do with it ? Issue is solved but i would still like to know where I could have messed.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

$atanic $pirit wrote:It worked now, but for some reason it wasn't before. Oh and btw i can't type the wrong command because i usually type first words in command and select it from console.

Does lobby reservation has anything to do with it ? Issue is solved but i would still like to know where I could have messed.
I honestly just looked up the command and entered it, went into a lobby and chose a random de or cs map and clicked go. I have no idea if there was something special that made it work.

Glad you got it to work nonetheless, if you need anything else please ask :)
Not a NFO employee