How-To: Create and use a custom map group

Wrangler
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How-To: Create and use a custom map group

Post by Wrangler »

Does anyone have a step-by step link to creating custom mapgroups for a cs:go server. My server plays mainly classic competitive with random, vote determined modes for the weekends. The only bad thing about this is having to manually switch to custom maps. There has to be some way to create a map group for custom maps that doesn't create havoc or instability on the server.

Anyone?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: How-To: Create and use a custom map group

Post by kraze »

We have a guide on how to do this here.
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =84&t=7831
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Wrangler
A regular
A regular

Post by Wrangler »

Thanks! I figured someone had something to help with this. It is truly appreciated!

Question about the syntax. Is the spacing mandatory or is it just a matter of keeping it organized?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Wrangler wrote:Thanks! I figured someone had something to help with this. It is truly appreciated!

Question about the syntax. Is the spacing mandatory or is it just a matter of keeping it organized?
For the sake of your brain, don't mess with the spacing. CSGO is waaay to picky about that.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Wrangler
A regular
A regular

Post by Wrangler »

Gotcha! For my own logic, whatever is placed in the gamemodes_server.txt file merges with the gamemodes.txt file on execution, right? Those areas that duplicate are overwritten by the gamemodes_server.txt content. Am I understanding this correctly?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Wrangler wrote:Gotcha! For my own logic, whatever is placed in the gamemodes_server.txt file merges with the gamemodes.txt file on execution, right? Those areas that duplicate are overwritten by the gamemodes_server.txt content. Am I understanding this correctly?
I wouldn't say merged, but anything in the gamemodes_server.txt overwrites what's listed in your gamemodes.txt, it also takes priority.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!