Tired of Wrestling with Map Groups

Wrangler
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Tired of Wrestling with Map Groups

Post by Wrangler »

I've been wrestling with Map Groups for the better part of the week and the damn things just don't want to comply. I just emptied my gamemodes_server.txt and am looking for the absolute cleanest and leanest known-good gamemodes_server.txt file that I can try on my server.

I figure if it worked for you then it should work for me UNLESS there something screwed up on my server preventing it from doing so. Naturally, I'd want to adjust the maps to suit my needs but the format should ensure everything works. If this doesn't work I'll get my server reinstalled for the 4th time.

Any takers?
Wrangler
A regular
A regular

Re: Tired of Wrestling with Map Groups

Post by Wrangler »

Also, the whole purpose of proper map groups for me is to that CS:GO native voting will show more than the stock maps when the end of the round vote occurs.

I had 12 hostage maps in the hostage map groups and the same 4 stock maps kept coming up no matter how I adjusted things.

I tried mapchooser_extended, it doesn't suit my needs.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

We gave up on messing with mapgroups, and use sourcemods mapchooser_extended. We can finally use our mapcycle.txt again!

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthrea ... 4?t=156974
Not a NFO employee
Wrangler
A regular
A regular

Post by Wrangler »

I just uninstalled Mapchooser_extended. The damn thing would only show 6 maps, one of which was a non selection, and the 6 maps were the same six stock maps. I adjusted the configuration file and it didn't help. Map Groups theoretically would work much better for me provided they worked.

Nothing I'm looking to do is all that hard. Having to struggle with aspects of CS:GO is really making me sour toward hosting my own CS:GO server.
doulos9
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by doulos9 »

Have you tried Ultimate Mapchooser

It worked on my cs:go server when I had one.