CS:GO SV rates nightmare...

IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

CS:GO SV rates nightmare...

Post by IcEWoLF »

I opened a support ticket, but I am going to take this on the forums about this.

SV rates are all over the place and its just awful to play in once we have 28 or more players in the server. The rates in a full server hit up 30's 40's - that is just terrible.
When we use to be on the E3-1270's the rates were very stable, now that we have moved back to VDS and now on the E5-2690 the performance has been awful.

This to me tells me that the 2690s are the problem here.

I don't know what else to do, it just doesn't do well at all and I am a bit annoyed, if anyone has any suggestions please share.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: CS:GO SV rates nightmare...

Post by kraze »

The 2690's are very likely not the problem. If your CSGO server is on Linux, that's your problem. CSGO performance on Linux has taken a complete nose dive in recent months which has made running on Linux very very difficult for larger servers.

If you're running 128 tick I'd recommend you drop it to 100 tick for some immediate relief.

We've spent a lot of time diagnosing this with other customers and the end result was them moving to a server in our shared system where we worked with them to put them on the fastest machine available.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

kraze wrote:The 2690's are very likely not the problem. If your CSGO server is on Linux, that's your problem. CSGO performance on Linux has taken a complete nose dive in recent months which has made running on Linux very very difficult for larger servers.

If you're running 128 tick I'd recommend you drop it to 100 tick for some immediate relief.

We've spent a lot of time diagnosing this with other customers and the end result was them moving to a server in our shared system where we worked with them to put them on the fastest machine available.
Kraze, we switched to Linux last night to see if it would improve performance, unfortunately no change.
We changed to 128 last night too after switching to Linux.

We were running Windows/100tick and the same issue was still on. No setting change, all we did is move to a 1270 and it fixed our issues before, how can you explain that?

I guarantee you if there was a VDS open with 1270's and we were to switch today, this issue would disappear, that fixed it last time before we switched to stand alone.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

IcEWoLF wrote:
kraze wrote:The 2690's are very likely not the problem. If your CSGO server is on Linux, that's your problem. CSGO performance on Linux has taken a complete nose dive in recent months which has made running on Linux very very difficult for larger servers.

Kraze, we switched to Linux last night to see if it would improve performance, unfortunately no change.

We were running Windows/100tick and the same issue was still on. No setting change, all we did is move to a 1270 and it fixed our issues before, how can you explain that?

I guarantee you if there was a VDS open with 1270's and we were to switch today, this issue would disappear, that fixed it last time before we switched to stand alone.
I wouldn't be able to fully explain it as there are too many variables unaccounted for, one of which could have been addons. Though, switching over to Linux and increasing the tick to 128 wouldn't have helped in this case. If you do want to run 128 tick definitely go back to Windows.

I'm not saying being on a 1270 wouldn't have helped a bit, because they are fast machines, but I wouldn't expect it to make a night or day difference. Personally with the other customers we worked with we had to get them moved into our standard system and put on V3's to get them running properly. The chances are getting on a 1270 with a VDS are extremely low as we simple don't use them anymore and haven't for awhile. We ship primarily E5 as it makes more sense on a performance/cost/power basis.

We'd also encourage you to open a request and have us take a look.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

kraze wrote:
IcEWoLF wrote:

I wouldn't be able to fully explain it as there are too many variables unaccounted for, one of which could have been addons. Though, switching over to Linux and increasing the tick to 128 wouldn't have helped in this case. If you do want to run 128 tick definitely go back to Windows.

I'm not saying being on a 1270 wouldn't have helped a bit, because they are fast machines, but I wouldn't expect it to make a night or day difference. Personally with the other customers we worked with we had to get them moved into our standard system and put on V3's to get them running properly. The chances are getting on a 1270 with a VDS are extremely low as we simple don't use them anymore and haven't for awhile. We ship primarily E5 as it makes more sense on a performance/cost/power basis.

We'd also encourage you to open a request and have us take a look.
Kraze, I've had NFo staff looking and play on my server directly and they have seen the same thing.
Again, taking the current server from no changes from the E5's to the E3 and running the same settings fixes the issues.
I've opened multiple support tickets regarding the issue and nothing has fixed the performance.

I can open up another ticket addressed to you if you want to test out different configs...I've tried everything and this just won't fix it, it seems like the server can't run anything past 28 slots with the current hardware.
I understand that E5's can hold more vds servers on a machine vs E3s so financially speaking its probably NFo's best interest to start phasing out E3's for vds machines.

My users complain to me everyday, and I can't do anything about it to fix it.
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

BTW Kraze, NFo does not allow on managed machines to change tickrate to 128 on Windows, only on Linux, unless there is a different way to do this.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Kraze, I've had NFo staff looking and play on my server directly and they have seen the same thing.
Again, taking the current server from no changes from the E5's to the E3 and running the same settings fixes the issues.
I've opened multiple support tickets regarding the issue and nothing has fixed the performance.

I can open up another ticket addressed to you if you want to test out different configs...I've tried everything and this just won't fix it, it seems like the server can't run anything past 28 slots with the current hardware.
I understand that E5's can hold more vds servers on a machine vs E3s so financially speaking its probably NFo's best interest to start phasing out E3's for vds machines.

My users complain to me everyday, and I can't do anything about it to fix it.
It's really not the machines fault, unfortunately. CSGO on Linux has just become extremely unoptimized and it's near impossible to run higher slot servers with 128 tick unless they are on bare bleeding edge hardware. The E5's we run are actually faster than the 1270, but we've observed some games perform slightly better on them. Even than, the difference is minimal.

You can sure open a request and ask that it be assigned to me, but first you'll need to decide on what you want to do with the server. If you want a higher slot count running 128 tick you need to go into the standard rental system and see if we can put you on one of the faster E3's. If you are fine with 100 tick make the move back to Windows and disable your addons so you can retest the original problem. If you see further problems go ahead and open a request.
BTW Kraze, NFo does not allow on managed machines to change tickrate to 128 on Windows, only on Linux, unless there is a different way to do this.
Yes, the order page won't allow this, but since it's a managed machine you can just edit the command line.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
IcEWoLF
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by IcEWoLF »

I honestly don't' care much about tickrate, I am fine with running 100tick as long as we get stable performance.
Ill make a switch to windows early morning and then ill open up a ticket.
mennes
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mennes »

Good thing i didnt switch over to linux. You guys really should update this info onto the thread about the differences of windows/linux managed servers.
Feel free to contact me on discordd @ Mennes34
mennes
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Post by mennes »

Also you can change the tickrate of the windows managed server (for a virtual at least), sorry for the extra post but it seems i cannot edit any of mine.
Feel free to contact me on discordd @ Mennes34
laterbreh
New to forums
New to forums

Post by laterbreh »

This may be an unrelated solution, but we had rate issues too after the recent patch... we were getting cl_updaterate 0 on netgraph in the server but the server was set at 128 tick. The solution was to set your rates to 127 on client then reconnect to the server and the rate were fixed from then on for the client.

Just thought I'd throw this out there.