CS:GO gamemodes_server.txt generator

Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

CS:GO gamemodes_server.txt generator

Post by Vanderburg »

I've been working on this for a couple days and it's in a state that it is usable by people now.

www.configcreator.com

Currently, it will allow you to create mapgroups, assign those mapgroups to specific gamemodes and add maps to those gamemodes. Those will show in a working gamemodes_server.txt file at the bottom.

Eventually, you will also be able to set convars, exec and gungame progression. You'll also be able to save and recall it, for sharing, or for whatever other reason that would interest you.

Feel free to try and play with it and break it, etc. It's all in jQuery, so I'm not overly concerned with breakage. There's no consequence to it breaking and it shouldn't if you use it properly.

Feel free to throw any suggestions at me, too.
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: CS:GO gamemodes_server.txt generator

Post by J-English »

I had a little go with it it,and its certainly alot easier to configure maps.
Once its complete and you will be able to set convars etc it will be so much easier for server owners to configure.I think everyone will use it for sure.

Something similar to the CSS configurator will be amazing.

http://www.cstrike-planet.com/cfgmaker?cfg=srcds
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

There was an oopsie with the generated log file that I fixed (Not displaying "maps" before the object was defined, so they were just lonely brackets) and now with the new update, the maps have to be indexed, so I added that in.
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

Alright, I've added the ability to add execs, convars and maxplayers for the gamemodes. I think it's working 100% correctly, but feel free to play with it.
Kitanz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Kitanz »

This was a very great job! I told Bill earlier to thank you for how much time it will save people! :thumbsup:
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

I've done some more tinkering. I'm preparing to add support for more games, but before I did, I added the ability to save the current config so you can share and recall it.

In the same steps, I changed the design a bit, so feel free to mess with it and if something breaks from moving stuff around, feel free to let me know (I'd appreciate it!)
Kitanz
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Kitanz »

Vanderburg wrote:I've done some more tinkering. I'm preparing to add support for more games, but before I did, I added the ability to save the current config so you can share and recall it.

In the same steps, I changed the design a bit, so feel free to mess with it and if something breaks from moving stuff around, feel free to let me know (I'd appreciate it!)
Definitively will do! Thanks again for such an awesome release!
Vanderburg
Former staff
Former staff

Post by Vanderburg »

I've done a major overhaul on this to make it faster. You can now download the configs that you create and the saving of configs is a bit more intelligent. Now if you save a config that is already saved, it'll save it as a revision. This will make it easier for me to make a way for you to go through old revisions, or find newer ones later. Downloads are the bigs ones, though.

Also, when you add a map to the big map list, it'll save it in the database so I can approve it to autocomplete for future users. I think this would be useful to do for convars, too, but it's not yet implemented. Anyway, try it out, feel free to try and break it through normal usage.

http://www.configcreator.com/create/csg ... server.txt
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FAST »

Looks great Vanderburg. Thanks for your work!