Cevo.cfg causes server lag and crashes

studly
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Cevo.cfg causes server lag and crashes

Post by studly »

Hi, we have been running on NFO server just fine with no issues. Tuesday we had a cevo match and as soon as we ran the cevo.cfg everyone was getting a lot of lag spikes. The server also crashed 3 times by the time we were able to get to half (thank god it was preseason). We then just switched to a crappy cevo server just to get through the match. I tried again today on a different map with just me in the server and everything was fine until i ran the cevo.cfg. This is directly from the cevo website, anyone else have any issues with this? Or anyone have any ideas?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Cevo.cfg causes server lag and crashes

Post by kraze »

It's interesting that the Cevo config is causing issues. Please post the config to a site like Pastebin and provide us with a link so we can take a look at it specifically.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
studly
New to forums
New to forums

Post by studly »

http://pastebin.com/VQJnNSaN
i did just notice that their was a newer config out their v5.5 and we were using 5.0 here is the two lines that were added 5.5 that weren't in 5.0 i'll also try it with the updated cevo config to see if that fixes the issue.

sv_maxrate 0 // min. 0.000000 max. 30000.000000 replicated Max bandwidth rate allowed on server, 0 == unlimited

sv_minrate 20000 // Min bandwidth rate allowed on server, 0 == unlimited
studly
New to forums
New to forums

Post by studly »

I can't edit my post above, the new cevo config still causes the server lag.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

Would you mind inviting me to the server so I can see the issue first hand? You can add me on steam using my signature.
Not a NFO employee
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

It good that the maxrate is uncapped, but they should be forcing a very high minrate. Most people don't set this value correctly, so it's important the server force a high one of something like 100K. People on slow connections like low-end DSL may see problems, though. If that's the cause I'd drop it to 50K.

Also during these periods of lag, do you notice an increase in latency or choke/loss in net_graph?
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
studly
New to forums
New to forums

Post by studly »

Well, here is an update and thanks sooo much to soja for helping out He spent some time helping try and isolate this issue. It appears that it isn't the cevo config causing the issue as we did experience the lag without the config running. Although, the larger spikes seemed to happen more frequently with the cevo config running, but perhaps that was just in our minds. On net graph 3 there was no sign of any of the values changing when the lag occurred. On net graph 4 here is the picture of the spike that happened when the lag occurred http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... reenshots/. we enabled the condebug, but in the text file console.log there was nothing there indicating a server spike.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Open a request we can take a deeper look for you. We'll be able to give everything a once over and enable our FPS monitoring tool. We also may need to move you over to Windows due to CSGO performance nose diving on Linux this past year.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

kraze wrote:Open a request we can take a deeper look for you. We'll be able to give everything a once over and enable our FPS monitoring tool. We also may need to move you over to Windows due to CSGO performance nose diving on Linux this past year.
This doesn't apply to me personally, but if requested could a customer get 128 tick enabled on windows? On my managed machines I need to enable 128 tick on windows manually through the command line.
Not a NFO employee
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

soja wrote:
kraze wrote:Open a request we can take a deeper look for you. We'll be able to give everything a once over and enable our FPS monitoring tool. We also may need to move you over to Windows due to CSGO performance nose diving on Linux this past year.
This doesn't apply to me personally, but if requested could a customer get 128 tick enabled on windows? On my managed machines I need to enable 128 tick on windows manually through the command line.
You'd have to have the ultra option checked, which requires you be placed on Linux first. For users who wish to run 128 tick on Windows without being placed on Linux first you'd have to set it via the command line.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
studly
New to forums
New to forums

Post by studly »

Well I was just swapped to a windows server and the issue is worse. I crashed after being in the server for 10 mins with just me and 1 other person. The console log said Failed to load gamerulescvars.txt, game rules cvars might not be reported to management tools.
Server is hibernating

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... reenshots/
also in the top screenshot you can see a lot more little spikes, and it is a lot more noticeable while moving around. I'll stay in touch with the support and continue to keep post and progress updated here as more information is available.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

I played in your server last night for a good 40 minutes o so. Overall it played very well. I didn't notice any skips or spikes and the servers tickrate didn't stutter. After around 15 minutes I went ahead and executed the cevo.cfg and I didn't notice any issues.

I was running our our FPS monitoring tool during this time and it didn't observe any dips.

Please do continue working with us in your request. If there is an issue I want to be sure we get it taken care of for you.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
studly
New to forums
New to forums

Post by studly »

Thanks for checking it out kraze. I did get swapped to a faster server last night and i've noticed that i don't have those little freezes at all and everything is running smoothly this afternoon. I will test it more out later this evening and see if any issues or symptoms return. Although, the time you posted that though, should have still been on the slower server so i guess it ran smooth last night after the crash as well.
studly
New to forums
New to forums

Post by studly »

Well, we were testing out the server doing a 10 man, and the server crashed at the start of round 8. I didn't notice any lag and neither did anyone else while we were playing, but we can't use this server for any competitive matches while we are having this issue. This is now the third server we have been on what would be the next step at this point?
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

studly wrote:Well, we were testing out the server doing a 10 man, and the server crashed at the start of round 8. I didn't notice any lag and neither did anyone else while we were playing, but we can't use this server for any competitive matches while we are having this issue. This is now the third server we have been on what would be the next step at this point?
If the server is crashing at stock we'd need to take a deeper look. Reply to one of your request so we can investigate as to why it may be crashing at stock.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!