Raz0r
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

KZ server not starting issue

Post by Raz0r »

Hello!

Scenario:
Bought a server last week to host some KZ events. Installed and was using the plugin KZTimer (link at bottom of post). It was working perfectly for 3-4 days. The problem was, I didn't have any map vote plugins installed or anything. So I went to go enable the default plugins from SourceMod for map voting, rock the vote and all that good stuff, tried to restart my server and the server won't even start now. I scheduled a full wipe with the support team (which was done) and reinstalled everything and when the plugin is enabled, the server will not start. When I have the start map to a kz_ map, it hangs on de_dust, doesn't look like it executes the server.cfg and doesn't post any errors to the sourcemod/logs folder. When I have the map set to de_dust2 on start up, players can join but can't join a team, rcon password doesn't work and the hostname is the default. (which leads me to believe again the server.cfg file isn't executing)

What I seemed to have figure out:
After a good hour or two going back with Charlie from the support team on a ticket I had open (who by the way was very very helpful) we made sure that it was the plugin that was causing the issue. And we were able to conclude that.

Since I have to add an entry to the databases.cfg file in the sourcemod/configs folder, I've made sure everything was the way they had it in the plugin's forum post. There was an original mix-up when the databases.cfg was named database.cfg (without the s) When this happened, the server loaded but the plugin did not because it could not read from a database. When I added the S to the config file, the server doesn't start up. Which leads me to believe it's a database issue. They say to use a sqlite database but if you have trouble, use a MySQL database. I tried using a database from the webhosting here at NFO but the same issue happens.

If anyone has any insight, I'd love the help. Please let me know.

KZTimer: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=223274
Raz0r
New to forums
New to forums

Re: KZ server not starting issue

Post by Raz0r »

I wasn't able to edit my post above so I'm going to post and update here.

After reading through some of the posts on the forums, I realized that there are backups taken of the servers every week. So, even though my server was brand new, I asked and they luckily had one of when the KZ mod was working successfully. I asked them to restore the server back to that day and it seems to be working again.

I will update this thread if I figure out what caused the issue or if I get stuck again.

Thanks NFO team.