GO: Odds and Ends

rlm850
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

GO: Odds and Ends

Post by rlm850 »

I'm fairly new to the CS:GO config system and the latter, and I have a few odd questions that I really have no patience left to google atm, because things just keep popping out left and right.

--------------
1) This "Max Players" thing.. when I first started the server, it was that, and only 3 bots out of my fill quota of 4. So it's counting as a player ("Max Players") and it is.. as confirmed by gametracker, visible in HLSW, and visible in server info, but not in the nfo control panel.. weird. After about 3 restarts (that includes the nightly reboot), I now get NO bots, and this max players thing is still there. http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... net:27015/

In addition, something I have never seen before.. why are the bots tracking?
--------------
2) More on the bots.. exactly what am I supposed to be changing to get them in here? I currently have this in my server.cfg:

Code: Select all

bot_difficulty 1
bot_chatter "off"
bot_join_after_player 0
bot_quota 6
bot_quota_mode "fill"
But this, is in my gamemode_casual:

Code: Select all

bot_chatter											normal
bot_difficulty										1
bot_quota											10
bot_quota_mode										fill
There's some more, but I'm just including what I care about. Is there also an auto-vacate CVAR as there is in CS:S to massacre their inanimate beings?

The problem with these things is... there are no bots. :? They were there for about an hour yesterday.. and they never came back. Where oh where have my precious bots gone?
--------------
3) I've enabled rockthevote and nominations along with mapchooser through sourcemod. Does this interfere with the out-of-the-box voting system that CS:GO has at the end of a match, or is this strictly for rtv purposes, and an end map vote never pops up like it does in CS:S? (I have yet to play a full match on the server to see if this is the case)
--------------
4) I understand your tickrate should coincide with your usage and performance needs (as it always has). I am interested in keeping a semi-full server and want the absolute in performance and registry.. will leaving the server at 128 tickrate provide me with this, or did valve change tickrate all together after they switched to the orange box engine?
--------------
I believe that's all for now.. sorry if one or all of these are the stupidest things you've ever heard, but I literally have no one to ask because anyone I know knows nothing about setting up a server.. unless they currently have one (that's why I'm here! [hi soja :wink: ])
rlm850
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: GO: Odds and Ends

Post by rlm850 »

I don't mean to bump, but no one with insight? :(
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

--------------
1) This "Max Players" thing.. when I first started the server, it was that, and only 3 bots out of my fill quota of 4. So it's counting as a player ("Max Players") and it is.. as confirmed by gametracker, visible in HLSW, and visible in server info, but not in the nfo control panel.. weird. After about 3 restarts (that includes the nightly reboot), I now get NO bots, and this max players thing is still there. http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... net:27015/

In addition, something I have never seen before.. why are the bots tracking?
I'm having trouble understanding what you mean there. Can you rephrase that one?
2) More on the bots.. exactly what am I supposed to be changing to get them in here? I currently have this in my server.cfg:
Code:
bot_difficulty 1
bot_chatter "off"
bot_join_after_player 0
bot_quota 6
bot_quota_mode "fill"

But this, is in my gamemode_casual:
Code:
bot_chatter normal
bot_difficulty 1
bot_quota 10
bot_quota_mode fill

There's some more, but I'm just including what I care about. Is there also an auto-vacate CVAR as there is in CS:S to massacre their inanimate beings?
You'll want to be sure you specify these in whatever gamemode config you're running, as the server.cfg does not handle these values any longer. Though, from what you did post it does appear to be correct. I'd recommend checking the full config to ensure the command aren't specified somewhere else and being overwritten. The auto-vacate command you're looking for is also "bot_auto_vacate".
3) I've enabled rockthevote and nominations along with mapchooser through sourcemod. Does this interfere with the out-of-the-box voting system that CS:GO has at the end of a match, or is this strictly for rtv purposes, and an end map vote never pops up like it does in CS:S? (I have yet to play a full match on the server to see if this is the case)
From what I've heard/seen it should not interfere with the CSGO vote system.
4) I understand your tickrate should coincide with your usage and performance needs (as it always has). I am interested in keeping a semi-full server and want the absolute in performance and registry.. will leaving the server at 128 tickrate provide me with this, or did valve change tickrate all together after they switched to the orange box engine?
We actually speak on tickrate a bit specifically in CSGO here. viewtopic.php?f=84&t=8919 Overall, it's a pretty minimal change from 100 to 128, but if you are able to do so it won't hurt anything to run it as such.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
rlm850
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by rlm850 »

kraze wrote: I'm having trouble understanding what you mean there. Can you rephrase that one?

THIS. What is Max Players (the purpose of it) as it has never existed as an actual player throughout any of the VALVe related games.. it does not show up in the player count as 1/40 or my other server as 1/10, but it does get tracked to gametracker as well as the hours.. that 40 slot server has absolutely no changes to it made yet.
You'll want to be sure you specify these in whatever gamemode config you're running, as the server.cfg does not handle these values any longer. Though, from what you did post it does appear to be correct. I'd recommend checking the full config to ensure the command aren't specified somewhere else and being overwritten. The auto-vacate command you're looking for is also "bot_auto_vacate".
I will look into this further soon.
From what I've heard/seen it should not interfere with the CSGO vote system.
I actually had joined a server last night (that was sadly hosted from another GSP) and I see that you're right, it does not interfere. It displays as a regular sourcemod menu.
We actually speak on tickrate a bit specifically in CSGO here. viewtopic.php?f=84&t=8919 Overall, it's a pretty minimal change from 100 to 128, but if you are able to do so it won't hurt anything to run it as such.
For the past 3 days I've been playing 64 vs 128.. I'll keep the 128 on my 10 slot lol

Thanks for all the answers. All that's really killing me atm is the max players thing.. it is really annoying to see that everywhere that queries the server, especially if it's getting tracked as an actual player.

I looked through a ton of CSGO game servers on gametracker. Some got rid of the "Max Players" rank, and for others it is still there. If it is on their servers gametracker, it is on HLSW.. if it's not on gametracker, it's not on HLSW.

Can't find answers anywhere.. googling "csgo max players server" is obviously not going to get very far since it's not too narrow of search terms, but that's what the issue is.. lol