SourceMod Admin Privs giving me trouble...

zebra
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

SourceMod Admin Privs giving me trouble...

Post by zebra »

After about 3-4 hours going back and forth with the support team from my ACP, it was deemed that I should come here to ask the questions; due to limitations of the support staff.

Basically, I've tried a few methods of adding myself as admin.
First, adding myself directly to the SourceMod admins.cfg file, while following the example given in the text as to make sure I had the correct syntax.. Restarted server.. SM command was unavailable to me. (which happen to be the command for ACP "sm_admin")
Second, I contacted support after trial and error.. the staff member added me to the admins_simple.ini file within the same sub-folder (which very well might be in the wrong place, as the support staff had me manually install the newest version/build of SourceMod - thinking it might be a bug in the version used in the autoinstallers tab) .. Still to no avail, I'm stuck with research from google that leads me nowhere, and a lack of knowledge to what my issue could be.

Anyone have any idea?
zebra
New to forums
New to forums

Re: SourceMod Admin Privs giving me trouble...

Post by zebra »

zebra wrote:After about 3-4 hours going back and forth with the support team from my ACP, it was deemed that I should come here to ask the questions; due to limitations of the support staff.

Basically, I've tried a few methods of adding myself as admin.
First, adding myself directly to the SourceMod admins.cfg file, while following the example given in the text as to make sure I had the correct syntax.. Restarted server.. SM command was unavailable to me. (which happen to be the command for ACP "sm_admin")
Second, I contacted support after trial and error.. the staff member added me to the admins_simple.ini file within the same sub-folder (which very well might be in the wrong place, as the support staff had me manually install the newest version/build of SourceMod - thinking it might be a bug in the version used in the autoinstallers tab) .. Still to no avail, I'm stuck with research from google that leads me nowhere, and a lack of knowledge to what my issue could be.

Anyone have any idea?
I resolved my issue. Must have been too tired to do this stuff last night/this morning.. Ended up putting some files in the wrong place. No big deal, though. :) Everything is working according to expectations.