Disable HLstatsX during warmup?

canti
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Disable HLstatsX during warmup?

Post by canti »

Is there any way to have stat logging turned off during warmup? I don't want people being able to just farm points by spawncamping before the game starts.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Disable HLstatsX during warmup?

Post by kraze »

You should be able to achieve a basic version of this by just deleting the log address during warmup. Obviously, this would require manual intervention on your part to exec a cfg that deletes the log address, then again to readd it. Alternatively, you can try using this plugin for SM.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2032024
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
canti
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by canti »

kraze wrote:You should be able to achieve a basic version of this by just deleting the log address during warmup. Obviously, this would require manual intervention on your part to exec a cfg that deletes the log address, then again to readd it. Alternatively, you can try using this plugin for SM.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2032024
Plugin doesn't work for me. Post/pre-warmup exec cvars seem to do nothing and the 'custom' warmup weapons aren't being removed when the warmup ends (happens to me with both the version in the OP and the supposedly fixed version someone else posted on the last page). Plus, I still want players to be able to buy weapons in warmup as normal, but there doesn't seem to be any way to do that with the plugin enabled.

Using logaddress_add/logaddress_del with the HLstatsX IP listed in my control panel manually does work, though I'm not sure where I could find something that would do that for me automatically.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

When using the logaddress_del command you'll want to be removing hlstatsx.nfoservers.com. Is that what you're doing?
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
canti
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by canti »

kraze wrote:When using the logaddress_del command you'll want to be removing hlstatsx.nfoservers.com. Is that what you're doing?
Yep. Like I said, it works manually, but not when put into the SM plugin.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Ah, I misread what you said. I read it as it didn't work. You may be able to find another plugin to do what you want or you may just need to stick to executing it manually.
@Juski> Doesn't matter!