Cl_interp_ratio 1 not being allowed on some servers; my server's ratio value restricts to 2.

Zeo
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Cl_interp_ratio 1 not being allowed on some servers; my server's ratio value restricts to 2.

Post by Zeo »

Hello, there seems to be a way of configuring one's CS: GO server in order to allow it to accept a client's cl_interp_ratio 1 console input. I talked about this with Vanderbug, regarding actually checking to see if indeed different servers react to the cl_interp_ratio CVAR depending on their server configuration, and I confirmed that on some servers, you are allowed to put cl_interp_ratio 1 into your console, resulting in your cl_interp value going from 0.015625 to 0.007813 (after inputting cl_interp 0 into the console, that is), while other servers somehow restrict the minimum value of cl_interp_ratio to be 2. Furthermore, even when going from a server where the client is allowed to use cl_interp_ratio 1, to a different server that only allows a minimum value of 2, the second server replaces whatever value you had previously, effectively making it useless to keep on setting cl_interp_ratio 1 if other servers will just keep on resetting it to 2; there is no problem when going from a server where the ratio value 1 is allowed, to another server that also allows ratio 1, at least.

So, I am not comprehending the source of this CVAR inconsistency, but the evidence indicates that this does seem to be a server configuration problem. If it were not a server configuration problem, there would be no reason that joining one server would allow the client to enter cl_interp_ratio 1, but then gets changed back to 2 once having joined a different server in which the CVAR is seemingly restricted to 2 only. The point of this is to get our lerp amount to the recommended lowest value that comes as a result of using cl_interp 0 and cl_interp_ratio 1, when based on a 128 tick server like mine. This recommended lerp value should be 7.8 ms (cl_interp 0.007813 and cl_interp_ratio 1), compared to 15.6 ms when using cl_interp 0.015625 and cl_interp_ratio 2. My goal here is to find the method in configuring my server that allows players to enter cl_interp_ratio 1 into their console without restriction, as seen on this server, for example: 151.80.222.28:27015. This server has no problem with clients setting their ratio value to 1.

Here is my own server so that you can see this restriction taking place on it, where the cl_interp_ratio CVAR seems to be stuck on the value 2 for some reason, again most probably due to my server not being configured correctly in order to allow both the minimum (1) and maximum (2) values: 70.42.74.195:27015.

Any input is welcome; this seems to be an issue that many community CS: GO servers suffer from. Just for your information: my server is using the Custom game_type 3, with the Custom game_mode 0, while executing the "server.cfg"; the server also has sv_pure 0; there are Sourcemod plugins being run on the server, and no Eventscripts. Let me know if you have any other questions about how my server is setup. I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.
May your FPS be high and your frame-times stay low... oh wait, they are the exact same thing.