CS:GO Server Config Questions

badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

CS:GO Server Config Questions

Post by badbadrobot »

So we have 3 CS:GO servers running right now and so far so good. I had a few questions tho.

1. Our server is showing max to be 34 slots. Although it really only lets 10 in. I see other servers tho that are showing 10-18 slot counts. Where do I change this?

2. Anyway server side to run timed messages.

3. Is there protocol on logging in via rcon to kick/ban?
Founder of GSN Gaming.
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: CS:GO Server Config Questions

Post by badbadrobot »

GSNGaming.com : 24/7 Office : Classic Competitive : NFO-CHI
connect 72.5.195.100:27015

GSNGaming.com : 24/7 Dust2 : Classic Competitive : NFO-CHI
connect 72.5.195.100:27016

GSNGaming.com : 24/7 All Maps : Casual Competitive : NFO-CHI
connect 72.5.195.100:27017

Screenshot:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/55868 ... 304A89350/
Founder of GSN Gaming.
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

sv_allowdownload
sv_voiceenable

Will those work in CS:GO (they are from CS:S)
Founder of GSN Gaming.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

badbadrobot wrote:So we have 3 CS:GO servers running right now and so far so good. I had a few questions tho.

1. Our server is showing max to be 34 slots. Although it really only lets 10 in. I see other servers tho that are showing 10-18 slot counts. Where do I change this?

2. Anyway server side to run timed messages.

3. Is there protocol on logging in via rcon to kick/ban?

sv_allowdownload
sv_voiceenable

At the moment I believe slots are capped at 10 people, I attempted to raise that in several different ways but it did not work.

I do not believe there is anyway to run timed messages, however I am sure after a release a plugin will be developed to do so.

The protocol seems to be the same as CSS, you can use rcon to kick,ban users like normal.

sv_allowdownload and sv_voiceenable will most likely work after the game is fully released.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
chemist
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by chemist »

I know that this is unrelated to your questions but I have a question.

Are you running CS:GO servers from the code released by valve on a dedicated NFO server? ... I don't see that NFO currently sells CS:GO beta servers, But I would love to host a few myself.
chemist
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by chemist »

Actually... just read another post talking about running CS:GO DS on an unmanaged VDS.

Still waiting for a CS:GO key.
Sim
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Sim »

Any idea when NFO will allow customers on managed box/vds to setup CS:GO servers?
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

We're still working on it, but there have been other tasks demanding attention first and delaying things. Perhaps soon.
TimeX
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Yes, it will likely be possible this week, assuming further testing shows it is viable.

It's important to note that Valve is currently limiting these servers to 10 players, and that we will be able to provide very limited support for their beta product. Anyone renting a CS:GO server will need to be comfortable with learning how to run it along with us, should expect to see frequent server crashes due to the buggy code, and be ready for having limited admin tools and features.
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

And how the hell are you guys getting CS:GO beta keys? I did that damn survey basically at the first sighting of it and still haven't gotten anything! They've made things quite unfair. What sucks more is that I can't play around with a CS:GO DS since I don't have access to the beta. Such horseshit, right?
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
TimeX
Staff
Staff

Post by TimeX »

Timsad, that should be taken as a sign that the game is still so deep in development that Valve isn't even ready to open the floodgates to the public for beta testing yet. There are likely a lot more major changes still to come and much polish still needed.
TimeX
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

TimeX wrote:Timsad, that should be taken as a sign that the game is still so deep in development that Valve isn't even ready to open the floodgates to the public for beta testing yet. There are likely a lot more major changes still to come and much polish still needed.
Honestly, I think if they cared mainly about the quality of the game, they'd make the people with the most CS/CS:S hours have the highest priority. Right now, most of the beta invites seem to be going to people that don't really care about the game and/or sell/trade it. I think it's a ploy to attract a new following of people that haven't really ever played Counter-Strike. Bring in all the new people and leave most of the vets out...
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

TimSad wrote:
TimeX wrote:Timsad, that should be taken as a sign that the game is still so deep in development that Valve isn't even ready to open the floodgates to the public for beta testing yet. There are likely a lot more major changes still to come and much polish still needed.
Honestly, I think if they cared mainly about the quality of the game, they'd make the people with the most CS/CS:S hours have the highest priority. Right now, most of the beta invites seem to be going to people that don't really care about the game and/or sell/trade it. I think it's a ploy to attract a new following of people that haven't really ever played Counter-Strike. Bring in all the new people and leave most of the vets out...
I've heard this said a million times, but CS vets aren't the only ones they are targeting to play this game. They are looking for new people too.
Founder of GSN Gaming.
LittleB
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by LittleB »

Slots still capped at 10?I noticed on the order page that the slot count goes all the way to 30.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Valve raised the limit to 30 in an update on Monday. They enabled the -tickrate option in that update.