CS:GO Server Issues

badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

CS:GO Server Issues

Post by badbadrobot »

We have been noticing a few issues while running this CS:GO beta on our unmanaged VDS. Please post if you have seen these issues also.

May 21st Update

1. downloads/1ab72a88.dat doesn't exist error x10 every few seconds in the console.
2. Server vanishes off server list randomly, but doesn't crash. (console is still open) Must hard restart to get going again.
3. Casual Competitive mode will not rotate maplist.txt. Stays on initial set map.

http://gsngaming.com/topic/5164-csgo-server-issuesbugs/
Founder of GSN Gaming.
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: CS:GO Server Issues

Post by badbadrobot »

As a note, we are running these 3 servers on the same IP, dif ports.

http://gsngaming.com/topic/5052-gsn-gam ... o-servers/
Founder of GSN Gaming.
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

No one is having these issues?
Founder of GSN Gaming.
BrendanG
Staff
Staff

Post by BrendanG »

What OS are you running on your VDS, I did notice on the last build that linux was very finicky to try to run on. And 2008 r2 I could not get it to run.

Any possibility that is the cause?

I am a noob at this part of game servers especially with the new interface. But just a suggestion.
badbadrobot
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by badbadrobot »

BrendanG wrote:What OS are you running on your VDS, I did notice on the last build that linux was very finicky to try to run on. And 2008 r2 I could not get it to run.

Any possibility that is the cause?

I am a noob at this part of game servers especially with the new interface. But just a suggestion.
We are running 2008 SP2.
Founder of GSN Gaming.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Have you re-validated the files and/or started over from scratch? They may have changed something in gamemodes.txt that is needed by the new version, or a needed file may be missing.
Paronity
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Paronity »

Edge100x wrote:Have you re-validated the files and/or started over from scratch? They may have changed something in gamemodes.txt that is needed by the new version, or a needed file may be missing.
Yea - a batch file checks for updates using steam-cmd every time we run them. It's strange that they never crash after the same amount of time. Sometimes it will run just fine for hours, others, only 15 minutes.

We are not running out of resources as I was watching the machine when they crashed once to ensure that wasn't the issue.

The console also doesn't actually "crash". It just hangs. The server stops responding to players and the console stops updating.
Creator of Paronicon and ARMAcon
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

Ah, a freeze. That sounds like it must be one of the many game bugs. I recommend contacting Valve privately with your configuration information and then troubleshooting further with them; they may have you trigger a memory dump when it's in the frozen state that they can then analyze.
Paronity
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Paronity »

Edge100x wrote:Ah, a freeze. That sounds like it must be one of the many game bugs. I recommend contacting Valve privately with your configuration information and then troubleshooting further with them; they may have you trigger a memory dump when it's in the frozen state that they can then analyze.

This is what I thought it might be. Is there a certain way we should contact them that you know of?
Creator of Paronicon and ARMAcon
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I would recommend contacting one of the guys who has been active on the CS:GO server mailing list, and he should be able to forward it to an employee that explores this sort of thing.