Dedicated Server Files

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Dedicated Server Files

Post by TimSad »

By any chance, are there account details amongst us admins here being shared to download the DS files? It's really annoying not being able to learn the ins and outs of a CS:GO DS while everybody who is nobody is able to. Or does SteamCMD actually require a Steam Guard code? If so, I'd guess that there is no account for us to share being that that would give us complete access to the Steam account...
                                                Our NFO Battlefield Servers!
ImageImage
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Dedicated Server Files

Post by Edge100x »

Downloading the files requires use of an individual Steam account with access to the CS:GO beta. When you set it up on a new machine, it will require a Steam Guard code as part of the process. Instructions are provided here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wik ... ed_Servers
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Darn! I was afraid of that! Unfortunately, I still haven't got access to the beta even when I did that damn survey practically right when it was out. I think after these long 16 weeks I may actually have to resort to that ridiculous Steam trading or buying a key, eh? It's quite ridiculous and I really shouldn't have to but what can I do, right? Shame on Valve for having a whacked beta distribution system...
ImageImage
TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

Wow! I'm considering trading my TF2 Earbuds with this guy... http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2732389 and then not 10 minutes later I have 5 friends requests on Steam! I knew the buds were a really sought after TF2 item but I wasn't aware that they were this big of a deal...
ImageImage
TacTicToe
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TacTicToe »

When I got my key I also got a key to gift to a friend. When I installed the server, I had to log out of my account to install it. Got a steam guard warning at first. Had to enter the code from my email in a small script to do the install, and voila. Once the server was installed I was able to reconnect locally, have the server running and can now play on it.

I'm not sure if I could RAR the server files and just send them to you or not. Thing is, even if you have the files, you still cant play the game without the beta code. I have to say, thus far the game has run flawlessly on my VDS. With the problems I have read about on the Steam forums, I was really expecting alot more issues.

Have it running all the current maps. :)

TimSad
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by TimSad »

No worries now! I finally got the beta by buying a game at $26.99 for someone and trading with them. Thanks though, TacTicToe! :)
ImageImage