how many servers on a VDS?

nutz
A regular
A regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

how many servers on a VDS?

Post by nutz »

So I've looked all over and I didn't see this asked anywhere in the forum or KB that I could find. How much of a beast is CS:GO? Gut says probably not bad but haven't gotten in on it yet but just waiting for access on the 14th.

How many 30 person servers could you potentially run off of a managed 4 core VDS? Imagine they're full.

Need to buy extra bandwidth or included fine?

If just CS:GO, linux or windows "better"?

Thanks in advance!
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: how many servers on a VDS?

Post by kraze »

nutz wrote:So I've looked all over and I didn't see this asked anywhere in the forum or KB that I could find. How much of a beast is CS:GO? Gut says probably not bad but haven't gotten in on it yet but just waiting for access on the 14th.

How many 30 person servers could you potentially run off of a managed 4 core VDS? Imagine they're full.

Need to buy extra bandwidth or included fine?

If just CS:GO, linux or windows "better"?

Thanks in advance!
You could probably get upwards of of 6 CSGO servers on a four core machine depending on what if any addons you run after the game is released. The stock bandwidth should be more then plenty and sticking with Windows will most likely be your best bet.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
nutz
A regular
A regular

Re: how many servers on a VDS?

Post by nutz »

thank you for the prompt reply good sir...look forward to giving our monies to nfo again soon :)