Linux or Windows? CS:GO

Beretta
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Linux or Windows? CS:GO

Post by Beretta »

Hey guys which would be my best option Managed Windows or Linux for a dedicated beast? Thanks for your time.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Re: Linux or Windows? CS:GO

Post by Edge100x »

For CS:GO in its current form, I would recommend Windows. This is because it uses an older version of the engine that runs less efficiently on Linux, and because Windows gives you more options for other games. The main exception to this would be if you also want to run a Minecraft server -- we only support Minecraft on Linux.
FAST
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Linux or Windows? CS:GO

Post by FAST »

^^ what he said.

I never got into server side of things for CS franchise. I am learning a lot along the way.

Before CS:GO many recommended linux just because it was way more efficient, can run 1000 fps and great against attacks.
I briefly had my managed box running 2 CS:GO server. When both empty was already using 40% usage. ???
Running fps at 1000 is no longer possible with the new CS or even source (someone can correct me if i am wrong)

With the specialized router in place and windows being efficient with CS:GO I would definitely go with that. And i am looking to add more games to this box after CS.