SourceMod Recommendations

FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

SourceMod Recommendations

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Before I start, REMEMBER 1.9 Metamod and 1.5 SourceMod ARE DEVELOPMENT VERSIONS, and are not officially supported by the SourceMod development team!

Second, through some testing I've found in CS: GO, due to GO's reliance on map groups, and NOT the map cycle file plugins that are default to sourcemod will cause bugs and map rotation glitches for you as these plugins create map cycle enforcement, unfortunately that winds up with your server and your plugins playing tug of war, with the next map often showing one map, and loading another, or, I've even seen it show the loading screen for one map, but load a different map. Due to this I have the following list of DEFAULT plugins that I recommend be KEPT (not removed), anything OTHER than these plugins should be removed if you have a default installation unless you want to fiddle with these other settings.

(these are the file names in the addons/sourcemod/plugins directory)
  • admin-flatfile.smx (sql-admin-manager.smx, admin-sql-prefetch.smx, and admin-sql-threaded.smx are fine too if you make use of those)
  • adminhelp.smx
  • antiflood.smx
  • basebans.smx
  • basechat.smx
  • basecomm.smx (not all functionality of this plugin works, but some does, this is where sm_gag and sm_mute are)
  • basecommands.smx
  • basevotes.smx
  • clientprefx.smx
  • playercommands.smx
  • sounds.smx (not sure if it's functions work but it hasn't hurt anything yet).
Additional plugins on top of this that support CS: GO are usually fine, I will list what I currently have in my DISABLED folder as well.

(these are the files in the addons/sourcemod/plugins/disabled directory)
  • admin-sql-prefetch.smx, admin-sql-threaded.smx, and sql-admin-manager (if you use SQL admin features, then these are fine to be enabled, I do not)
  • basetriggers.smx (this, unfortunately is where, nextmap, timeleft, etc are at, but as stated before map enforcement bugs out due to map groups so it's best to just remove it)
  • funcommands.smx (while some of these, like sm_beacon and sm_fire work, others do not, best to just disable)
  • funvotes.smx (directly linked to funcommands.smx)
  • mapchooser.smx (part of the map cycle enforcement that's broken due to map groups)
  • nextmap.smx (same as above)
  • nominations.smx (same as above)
  • randomcycle.smx (same as above)
  • reservedslots.smx (after testing, reserved slots in GO just don't work, none of it's functionality has worked for me yet, this could be a limitation of GO or SourceMod needing updated, i have it removed for now)
  • rockthevote.smx (mapgroup issue)
Assuming you have your map group set up properly and your gamemodes_server.txt file set up properly, your sourcemod *SHOULD* run stable. If you want to simplify sourcemod down to absolute bases of base (kick, ban, slap, slay I think), please reference this link
http://wiki.amxmodx.org/War_Mode_(SourceMod)
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: SourceMod Recommendations

Post by FlyingMongoose »

Also, forgot to mention, if you try to use reserved slots, and then try to "hide" those slots. It will make your server show the max supported (despite override) then your "hidden slots" subtracted. (Max supported is 32)

So what happens if you try to use reserved slots, lets say you have only 1 reserved slot, AND you hide it, the following occurs

MAXPLAYERS = 32 -1

or if you set to 2 hidden slots

MAXPLAYERS = 32 - 2

your servers sots will show "31" or "32"

Not only this, the reserved slot functionality (kick a player so a reserved slot player can join) doesn't work for some reason.

This is why I recommend reserved slots not be used for now.