potential new customer - share your experiences with me?

dangnguyen89
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

potential new customer - share your experiences with me?

Post by dangnguyen89 »

Hi everyone.
I was just browsing around different service providers to see where I should sign.
I am only interested in vent + 10-man private cs:go server for scrimmages amongst friends, which NFO has an amazing deal for at $12ish (100tick).

I don't think upgrading to 128tick is worth it as I am only playing with friends, not so competitive and not in any leagues, however we do play on an almost nightly basis.

My question for people out there is how are the servers (without upgrading to 128tick), reg is okay? I've also had problems with other service providers where it would take them 2 days to update their servers when an update to cs:go comes out. How fast does NFO update?

Please share your experiences with me, if your in a similar situation as me I would love to hear about it.
Thanks everyone.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: potential new customer - share your experiences with me?

Post by kraze »

My question for people out there is how are the servers (without upgrading to 128tick), reg is okay?
Your "reg" should be perfect. It is unlikely you would need the 128 tick upgrade as the difference is extremely minimal but some competitive players feel that they can notice a difference. Below is an explanation of 128 tick and how it works.

Code: Select all

128 tickrate has technically higher performance (when implemented correctly server-side). This stems from the reduced latency between the server and players, which means that the client needs to perform slightly less lag prediction. With less lag prediction, you could see increased accuracy in certain scenarios. 

For instance, consider the case of one player shooting at another who is running forward. The first player might register a hit because it thought that the other player would continue running, when in reality he stopped before the shot was fired. In that case, the server would "rewind" the client command and establish that it actually missed, but the client whose prediction failed would not be happy. With a higher tickrate server, and therefore slightly lower latency, he theoretically might have seen the other player stop slightly sooner, and the same scenario might not have played out. 

The extra 28 ticks per second bring the latency of the engine from 10ms to ~7.8ms, so it should be similar to that degree of improvement from a network perspective. In practice, many players don't notice the small benefit that it brings, but others claim that it is more pronounced.
I've also had problems with other service providers where it would take them 2 days to update their servers when an update to cs:go comes out. How fast does NFO update?
We use a system which will automatically update our servers when an update is announced on Steam news. In some cases the content servers are overloaded which makes the update process slow but we always roll them out as fast as we can. I think the longest I have seen was a few hours, normally it is 30-60 minutes.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
dangnguyen89
New to forums
New to forums

Post by dangnguyen89 »

thanks alot for the info!
finn
A regular
A regular

Post by finn »

NFO is good. All you need to know.
FlyingMongoose
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by FlyingMongoose »

I have shopped all around, gone back and forth from using multiple providers, I've been an off and on renter from NFO I want to say since, well, I was in high school. That was early 2000's and despite trying numerous others I keep coming back here. And honestly, I can't go anywhere else unless NFO isn't allowed to run whatever that server I want to run may be, but as soon as NFO can/will pick that game up, I switch right over.

I'm currently running 1 BF3 (32 slot) and 4 CS: GO servers on a VPS... they all run fine.
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

I have used a number of GSPs and I can say, without equivocation, that NFO is BY FAR the best!!

NFO has the following features:

Fantastic bandwidth and routing. Even our players in Europe and the UK get very good pings.
Consistency with the routing and bandwidth - no fluctuations.
Fantastic Control Panel - allows me to see the server's output and interact with the server directly.
Prompt server updates
Simple and easy system to update MM and SM and keep the latest snapshots
Really, really cool system to automatically compress and redirect custom maps and content.
Very good and very prompt response to service tickets.
Amazing load balancing and CPU allocation. My server never gets laggy even when full and even when full in primetime.
I have a 100 tick server, and it simply could not be better. 128 tick servers crash more frequently, and the difference between 128 and 100 is speculative at best.
Love the FTP access, I use it frequently.

Currently, thanks in large part to NFO, Cain's Lair is the Number 2 busiest CS:GO server in the world!!

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... 205:27015/

You need to run, not walk and sign up for NFO!! (And tell them I convinced you!! LOL)..

-- Cain

CainsLair.com

zoots
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by zoots »

Cain wrote:I have used a number of GSPs and I can say, without equivocation, that NFO is BY FAR the best!!

NFO has the following features:

Fantastic bandwidth and routing. Even our players in Europe and the UK get very good pings.
Consistency with the routing and bandwidth - no fluctuations.
Fantastic Control Panel - allows me to see the server's output and interact with the server directly.
Prompt server updates
Simple and easy system to update MM and SM and keep the latest snapshots
Really, really cool system to automatically compress and redirect custom maps and content.
Very good and very prompt response to service tickets.
Amazing load balancing and CPU allocation. My server never gets laggy even when full and even when full in primetime.
I have a 100 tick server, and it simply could not be better. 128 tick servers crash more frequently, and the difference between 128 and 100 is speculative at best.
Love the FTP access, I use it frequently.

Currently, thanks in large part to NFO, Cain's Lair is the Number 2 busiest CS:GO server in the world!!

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... 205:27015/

You need to run, not walk and sign up for NFO!! (And tell them I convinced you!! LOL)..

-- Cain

CainsLair.com

Well I guess I did a good job referring you here Cain ;)

Now.. where's my cookie ?! :P
Cain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Cain »

You did Zoots, and you deserve some credit!!

You were right, NFO is the best ...
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

I have no problems recommending NFO servers to anyone looking for game servers. I rent a dedicated server here and their control panel(for the most part) is the most feature-rich and simple control panel out there.

They know what it takes to run high performing game servers, and they never overload their boxes. Their network is the best of the best, i am very picky when it comes to networks and NFO's(/internaps) is by far the best out there for any application(especially gaming).

The auto update system allows our public servers to update faster than any other servers and get all of the players that update immediately.

I would say look no further for a casual gaming server and ventrilo.
Not a NFO employee
sensi
New to forums
New to forums

Post by sensi »

NFO Servers are the 'gold standard' now in the industry.

Great registration (use the 128 tickrate) and reliable service.