10/25/2012 Update caused server slot to go from 32 to 62

|nsomniA
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

10/25/2012 Update caused server slot to go from 32 to 62

Post by |nsomniA »

Have been in discussions with NFO regarding this strange change in maximum player slots since the rollout of the 10/25/2012 server updates from Valve. Our server was a 32 slot with 2 hidden via reserved slots so it appeared as 0/30 but ever since the update it has gone to 0/62 and now reserved slots no longer work as the server will max out at 32/62 even though the cap appears to be at 62. This appears to be a Valve server bug given the fact that it didn't happen until right after the 10/25/2012 update and the subsequent reboot to our server. This negatively impacts our server because we have users with reserved slots who can no longer use that function. This has affected more than just our server, I've noticed other NFO CS:GO servers that went from 0/26 to 0/58.

Noticed this in HLSW:
hlxce_version "1.6.18"
gamedir "csgo"
gamename "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive"
steamid "730"
clientcount "0"
clientmax "62"
botcount "0"
secure "1"

clientmax at 62. Does anyone have any further info on this or has this happened to your server also?
These lines are in our startup command line: +maxplayers 32 -maxplayers_override 32

Haven't found any related information online. Thanks in advance!

- |nsom
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: 10/25/2012 Update caused server slot to go from 32 to 62

Post by soja »

as a temporary workaround you could do

sv_visiblemaxplayers 30

This sets 30 public slots, anyone who wants to join after that needs to use the console to connect(or matchmaking I think)

If you add more spawns to the map with a sourcemod plugin, you could increase the amount of players that can play(if you want to do that).
Not a NFO employee
|nsomniA
New to forums
New to forums

Post by |nsomniA »

sv_visiblemaxplayers 30 works but only temporarily. It gets overwritten by something. I checked all of the major config files on the server and was unable to locate it. Perhaps on the command line something is overwriting it? I even added sv_visiblemaxplayers to the server.cfg and tried the autoexec.cfg but it's being overwritten back to 62 for some reason. It only stays on 30 for a round, ugh.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

do you have something rcon into the server periodically?

Make sure it is the last line of the server.cfg, and check the gamemodes configs for it as well.
Not a NFO employee