Anyone experiencing bad shot registry?

Rallorn
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Anyone experiencing bad shot registry?

Post by Rallorn »

I just got a CSGO server a couple of weeks ago and we are experiencing some bad registery, i'm not sure if something about the update screwed my CFG's or something, but they are all the same. Played on another NFO server for a CEVO match and it had bad reg. Also, even though bots are not set in my competitive CFG, they still spawn. Which is weird.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Anyone experiencing bad shot registry?

Post by kraze »

What are your server rates and what are your client side rates? Are you seeing any choke/loss to these servers and is the tickrate staying steady, either at 100 or 120?

You may also want to take a look at this guide:
http://www.nfoservers.com/forums/viewto ... =25&t=3930

While it is an older guide it still applies in situations like this.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Rallorn
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Rallorn »

Client side rates are set to 128, they are fine. No choke or loss. And tickrate is steady. But we have experimented with hitboxes, and with sv_showimpacts 1. Played would undoubtedly get hit, and no damage will be done. Server rates are also set correct. This happened after the latest big update. The guide really doesnt say anything i don't know already. I put a support ticket to throw us on another machine if possible.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

It sounds like this could just be the way that the game behaves overall and not a performance problem that we can fix for you. But, sure, we can try moving the server. You should also send us a copy of your tracert and let us know if your ping has changed.
soja
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by soja »

If there is no choke/loss and tickrate is steady, the machine is performing 100% fine, if you see the server side fps dip(under sv: in the CS:S net_graph 4) then you could call it a machine problem. Have you messed around with the interp commands etc? I have not but I heard they can help with hit reg.
Not a NFO employee
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Rallorn wrote:Client side rates are set to 128, they are fine. No choke or loss. And tickrate is steady. But we have experimented with hitboxes, and with sv_showimpacts 1. Played would undoubtedly get hit, and no damage will be done. Server rates are also set correct. This happened after the latest big update. The guide really doesnt say anything i don't know already. I put a support ticket to throw us on another machine if possible.
I would say just play around and have some fun. The biggest thing I see with people who see bad registry is that they are truly just missing or there are other factors in play such as lag compensation occasonal choke/loss..etc.

I don't know how accurate sv_showimpact is or if it was designed to determine bad reg or not but but one thing to keep in mind is the hit boxes in CSGO were dramatically changed from CSS. If you were or are used to 1.6 or CSS, CSGO is a completely different game. The hitboxes are a lot smaller and more precise so you may think you are hitting that user because muscle memory tells you that you are but in CSGO you may truly just be missing.

Here are the old and new hitboxes.
http://blog.counter-strike.net/wp-conte ... 00_CSS.jpg
http://blog.counter-strike.net/wp-conte ... 1_CSGO.jpg
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Rallorn
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Rallorn »

I can tell you all that the registry is not working fine. I've compared play on ESEA servers and on ours, and there is a big difference. And with or without sv_showimpacts it is clear players get hit, and are not taking the damage they should have. Also, not knowing the hitboxes is not the problem. We are aware they are smaller, and how they work.
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

The game also can feel different at different tickrates, on different OSes, and with different variable configurations. For this reason, you might try a different OS, tickrate, or copying the configuration of an existing server that you like the feel of.

As soja mentioned, if the server is running well in every numerical way, then it's not a performance problem due to the machine/NFO, which is good.
AtomicRoach
New to forums
New to forums

Post by AtomicRoach »

We have also heard the same complaints from players... the ESEA servers (and others) are much better with the reg then our server.

I don't know why... or how to correct it. It's a little upsetting to have players come and go all saying the same thing.

:shrugs:
Atomic Zone - http://www.azclan.net
CS:GO DM Server: server.azclan.net:27015
#azclan on gamesurge.net
You've tried the rest, now play on the best!!
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

One thing I've noticed over time is *most* users can't actually understand what reg is, someone misses a shot and they call bad reg because that's all they know how to do, which then causes other players to start calling it until you have people think there is an issue with a server.

You should instead look at the server specifically.

- Is the tickrate stable?
- Anyone have high or unstable pings?
- Any choke/loss in net_graph?
- Client side rates set correctly?

Also as John mentioned above, different servers will feel different. This comes down to be run on different OS, different configurations..etc.

If you feel there is an issue open a request and have us take a look at your server(s).
@Juski> Doesn't matter!