Workshop Help

Klink
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Workshop Help

Post by Klink »

I created a collection and I can get it to start. However when the first map ends and the map vote comes up. All the maps in the collection are there but no matter what map wins it reverts to our usual map rotation.
DeeVee
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Workshop Help

Post by DeeVee »

I'm having a similar issue. I'm running a custom workshop map collection, and have enabled the end of round map vote (and disabled SM mapchooser.) The vote is correctly executed. Upon completion of the vote, the console chat suggests changing to the correct map. Usually what happens is, whatever map is currently being played is reloaded.

Additionally, the creation of a custom 'mapcycle.txt' file doesn't show in SM admin menus. Even after having it directed at the custom file. The admin map menu still points to all stock maps, and none of my workshop maps are displayed at all. Suggestions?
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

I haven't experimented with the voting cvar in the game, but Sourcemod should work. Are you listing the maps there in the correct workshop format, including the path? Or, searching the SM forums, another person mentioned that he was making the mistake of using "\" instead of "/" -- http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=208099
DeeVee
New to forums
New to forums

Post by DeeVee »

Well, I kinda fixed my issue. I opted out of the new VALVe end of map chooser and decided to stick with the SM mapchooser (the only way my admins can see the maps in the admin menu.)

I put "+mp_endmatch_votenextmap 0" in my start-up line, to avoid further complications.

I put my workshop map_name (in whichever order you choose), into the maplist.txt as well as mapcycle.txt (needed creating.) No need for the whole location 'workshop/XXXXXX/map_name.bsp'.

I pointed SM in the direction of the mapcycle.txt with "sm_cvar mapcyclefile "mapcycle.txt" "(in the cfg/sourcemod/sourcemod.cfg.) After reconsideration, just pointing SM to the maplist.txt would alleviate creating a mapcycle.txt.

And finally, to get the maps to populate my SM admin menu, the creation of "addons/sourcemod/configs/adminmenu_maplist.ini" was necessary, with the workshop map names in the order that you choose.

Success.
Klink
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Klink »

I had seen that Post on SM forums, I had made the same mistake but fixing it still didn't correct the issue :( Odd thing is will sometimes switches to dust1 which isn't even in our normal rotation :?
DeeVee
New to forums
New to forums

Post by DeeVee »

Check your 'cfg/autoexec.cfg' file. Make sure that this is reflected in there somewhere...

workshop_start_map "xxxxxxxxx"
host_workshop_collection "xxxxxxxxx"

map "" <--- I think these two are most
mapgroup "" <--- important considering the problem.

Oh...are you running the new(er) VALVe end of map chooser? I've not had much luck with that thing yet! Which is why I came back to the SM mapchooser.
Klink
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Klink »

The autoexec file has that in it. I assume when I enter it in the control panel it puts it there. I have been using the built in valve map vote. But even if I disable it using
mp_endmatch_votenextmap 0 it still does not go to a map in the workshop collection it goes to dust or dust2.
Klink
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Klink »

Forgot to post but I did get it to work. All you have to do is disable the nextmap plugin in sourcemod. Something I thought I had done but apparently not :lol: