How to install plugins?

Lavish
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

How to install plugins?

Post by Lavish »

How do I install plugins? I've read every tutorial I swear but still can't figure it out.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: How to install plugins?

Post by kraze »

Generally plugins need to be installed to the addons folder in your servers FTP but each plugin can vary. What plugin are you trying to install?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Lavish
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Lavish »

Well, none specifically at the moment because I'm still trying to figure all of this out. When I attempt to install a plugin I drag and drop the .smx file from the plugin folder into the FTP client folder that corresponds to the folder I'm dragging from. For example I tried installing a Log plugin that logs whenever someone joins and how long they stay and leave so I dropped the .smx file I downloaded for that plugin, dropped it in the corresponding folder in my ftp client, and it shows that it's there but it doesn't work. I'm a complete noob, any tutorials or anything will help. I've already done research on tutorials but none seem to help.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

That is the point where you'll want to consult the installation instructions, as there may be more steps.

I am assuming you've installed SM and MM, correct?
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Lavish
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Lavish »

Yes, SM and MM are both installed. I also can't seem to enable Map Chooser, RTV, and nominate all of which are located in the disabled folder and when I try to move them outside of it it doesn't work. I'm going to continue messing around with it today, trial and error and hope that works.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

Is the server off when you're making these changes? Also are you using an FTP client or Windows explorer?
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
Lavish
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Lavish »

No, I have the server running while making these changes... I also encountered this error:

I type in the command "sm plugins list" and it shows them being there but an error saying they couldn't be loaded because Nextmap: Mapcycle wasn't found.

I've been using IPSwitch WS FTP client to do all this.

*Edit* When trying to load one, it says "[SM] Plugin rockthevote.smx failed to load: Could not find required plugin "mapchooser"."
Lavish
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Lavish »

Figured it out, just reinstalled sourcemod and everything and moved mapchooser and the other files out of disabled. Fixed everything!