Looking for help creating "All in ArmA" mod domination.

toxicreign020
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Looking for help creating "All in ArmA" mod domination.

Post by toxicreign020 »

I've made a domination map that works completely fine in all aspects except for running it as a multiplayer server. All the vehicles are properly scripted, all the mods are properly transported onto the box the server is run on, the .bat loads the right mission file, and the .cfg names everything and runs everything right, the only issue is that the mission usually just doesnt let you get to the role selection list and instead will just allow you to sit there while the server log claims to be "Reading mission file" repeatedly at about 3 times a second, or it will read the mission from the bank, there will be a big "no entry somthing not foudn" error and it will just sit there not letting anyone load in. How do i fix this? this mission would be great if it gets working, it's filled with apaches, chinooks, ospreys, c-130's, warthogs, and other nice arma 2 and arma 2 OA jets and objects. even different humvees and other vehicles. It's aboslutely beautiful and i'd love to get this done as soon as possible. Thanks for reading this and i hope you can help me as soon as possible.
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Looking for help creating "All in ArmA" mod domination.

Post by kraze »

What does your server .rpt log say? Does it give any indication as to why it won't load? Are you able to get this to load in single player?
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Impossible to say what is causing this without any additional info, like the .RPT log file as kraze mentioned.

If I would have to take a guess, I would say that Add-Ons/Mods are not loaded server-sided, or some scripts are throwing off errors.
toxicreign020
New to forums
New to forums

Post by toxicreign020 »

How do i go about making this .rpt file?
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

The .RPT is automatically created when you start the Arma server (if you did not disable this option). Depending on your package with NFO (VDS/Full Dedicated Server, or game instance); assuming that you a re running a VDS with a Windows OS the default path to the .RPT file should be in your \User\AppData\Local\Arma folder (this folder path is hidden by default).
toxicreign020
New to forums
New to forums

Post by toxicreign020 »

I don't have it on this box, my box got hacked and now all the files are all gone. anyone wanna help me make it from scratch? youll get dat admin ability.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

A complete "from scratch" is not required. I recommend using the following configurations as a template:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

After you installed and configured your Arma 2 server again, we can take a look at your mission.
toxicreign020
New to forums
New to forums

Post by toxicreign020 »

I have that made, it's the BAT that needs to launch the right things. last time i uploaded it, when it was launching there was always either some sort of "no entry" error or just a repeated loop of "reading mission file" "reading mission file" "reading mission file" etc

it was IMPOSSIBLE to get into the spawn screen. we did once. and then we got stuck in the load screen before map briefing.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

To make this as simple for you as possible, please:

1) Connect to your VDS and on the Desktop there right-click on a free spot and in the opened menu, select New -> Shortcut

2) Under Browse, navigate to your Arma 2 CO installation folder and select the arma2oaserver.exe

3) Name the shortcut and finish the creating

4) Right click on the shortcut that you just created and select "Properties"

5) In the target box, enter the following parameters: -par=arma2_co_startup_parameters.txt
It should look something like this then: arma2oaserver.exe - par=arma2_co_startup_parameters.txt

6) Navigate to the folder where your arma2oaserver.exe is located and create a textfile that has the exact same name you speciefied with the -par command, in this case: arma2_co_startup_parameters.txt

7) Edit this arma2_co_startup_parameters.txt file and put in the following lines:
-config=NAME_OF_YOUR_SERVERCFG_HERE
-cfg=NAME_OF_YOUR_BASICCFG_HERE
-world=empty

One command per line please. This also requires, that your server.cfg and basic.cfg are in the same folder as your arma2oaserver.exe, so please check this.

8) Now you can use the shortcut to start your Arma 2 dedicated server. After that is done, please post your .RPT file and the server.cfg would also help.