Need some help with my Arma 2 Mod Line!

Clarke.J
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Need some help with my Arma 2 Mod Line!

Post by Clarke.J »

Afternoon all,

I bought an Arma 2 Server a couple of days ago and I'd like to put the ACE mods and Acre onto it for me and my friends. To be more specific, these are the exact mods I want to use.

@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@acex_usnavy;@acre;@jayarma2lib"

Now, I also want to run the server as Combined Operations so at the start of the mod line I have this;

arma2;expansion;ca

When I try and add the rest of the mods, the server refuses to start, it just says it's down. I've experimented with adding one mod at a time but it will only ever launch with one mod. Even when I try and join the server with that mod enabled, it tells me to disable it because the mod isn't on the server.

Thoughts?

Clarke.J
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Need some help with my Arma 2 Mod Line!

Post by Caliban55 »

Your server startup parameters should include the following line:
-mod=arma2;expansion;ca;Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;cba_co;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@acre;@jayarma2lib;

The above line requires that you install the latest beta build and then @cba_co alone.

@acex_sm is a sound mod that is not required on the server (you could also look up the JSRS soundmod instead).

To connect to the server you also have to tell it to accept client connections with valid Add-On keys. To do that, copy the .bikey files that you will find in your Add-Ons folders (for example, @ace) under \store\keys into your servers keys folder (both in the server root keys folder and in the expansion\keys folder).
Clarke.J
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Clarke.J »

Caliban55 wrote:Your server startup parameters should include the following line:
-mod=arma2;expansion;ca;Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;cba_co;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@acre;@jayarma2lib;

The above line requires that you install the latest beta build and then @cba_co alone.

@acex_sm is a sound mod that is not required on the server (you could also look up the JSRS soundmod instead).

To connect to the server you also have to tell it to accept client connections with valid Add-On keys. To do that, copy the .bikey files that you will find in your Add-Ons folders (for example, @ace) under \store\keys into your servers keys folder (both in the server root keys folder and in the expansion\keys folder).
I tried that mod line you suggested but it says "The mod parameter can only include letters, numbers, semicolons, and @'s."

How do I go about installing the beta build onto my server?
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Sorry, my fault. If you are renting a single server instance from NFO, you can't use the beta patch and have to use the sepparate Add-Ons: @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;

Are you sure that you put the -mod=... parameters for server start-up in the correct place? Does the server run/start CO without any mod commands added?
Clarke.J
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Clarke.J »

Caliban55 wrote:Sorry, my fault. If you are renting a single server instance from NFO, you can't use the beta patch and have to use the sepparate Add-Ons: @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;

Are you sure that you put the -mod=... parameters for server start-up in the correct place? Does the server run/start CO without any mod commands added?
I'm renting from NFO and in the place where I'm entering the mod line, there is already a -mod= on the outside of the box I can type in. If I try and type in -mod=, I can an error because of the - and = signs. Also, I'm using the separate addons e.g @CBA;@CBA_A2.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Then I assume that the NFO interface already provides the -mod= part and you only have to enter the mods that you want to load. Does the server start correctly with those? What does your .RPT file say?

Also, the part with the keys that have to be maintained on the server still applies, you have to copy the .bikey files in the correct keys folder(s) on the server (I assume that you have set verifySignatures = 2).