Altis Life - Unable to connect @Arma2NET mod with mySQL serv

s3kshun61
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Altis Life - Unable to connect @Arma2NET mod with mySQL serv

Post by s3kshun61 »

I have run out of options so hopefully someone here can help me. I am currently on a virtual server with NFO running Windows Server 2008 R2 and currenty am running an Arma 3 wasteland server as I have been for about 6 months now. I am currently trying to launch an Altis Life server along side this one (I know how/have successfully done this already). The problem I am having is that when a player connects to my Life server, they can pick their role, but when the mission starts (meaning the client starts receiving mission file and the server starts reading the mission file) they get stuck at 1kb/xxxkb downloaded and the arma3server.exe gets stuck on "Reading Mission...", then after about 15 seconds, the arma3server.exe crashes and the client is forced to alt+f4 out of Arma 3 as they are frozen now.

I AM ABLE to run the mission successfully on my local machine with XAMPP for the MySQL server without error and with 25 clients no problem. I literally have copied and pasted the setup and filestructure from my local machine to the server but it still doesnt work. I was able to recreate the problem on my local machine by changing the password field in the "Databases.txt" file used by @arma2NET such that it would NOT be able to connect, and it was a perfect recreation of the issue on the server. This means that the problem has to do with the @Arma2NET mod connecting to the MySQL server for sure. I have installed the .NET Framework 4.0, 3.5, 4.5 in that order (uninstalling all of each as I changed each version) as well as having installed Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 to see if that would help, but still noting.

I just dont understand how the mission is able to run on my local machine with no problem but cannot run AT ALL on the server. I honestly cannot think of what the issue could be at this point as there is nothing more I can think of to change. I have followed the setup for @Arma2NET TO THE LETTER and was able to get it running as I said above, but only on my local machine.

If anyone can solve this problem, I will more than ecstatic!

Thanks in advanced,
s3kShUn61
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Altis Life - Unable to connect @Arma2NET mod with mySQL

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

Your game server and database are hosted on different servers with different ips?
Or do you have xampp on and game server on the same VDS?

It just sounds like it not connecting to the db as you explained.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
s3kshun61
New to forums
New to forums

Post by s3kshun61 »

They are both hosted on the same machine. The mySQL db has a root user setup which is what is being used by the @Arma2NET mod and the root user account (there are 3) are setup to receive incoming connection from loopbacks (::1), localhost, and 127.0.0.1. As well, the hosts.file at /System32/drivers/etc/ has been edited to make sure that loopbacks and 127.0.0.1 are setup. Hope this helps as I am extremely desperate for a fix. I will have to downgrade my server if I cannot get this server hosted in the next few days.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

I don't know anything about loopbacks. lol

I think there was another issue like this posted somewhere else.
The fix for it was to create another user with the appropriate permissions and not use the root user.
Not sure why, but the root user failed to work.

Worth a try and see if it has different results.
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Also, with your server rental, you get free webhosting, so maybe try using it for your database if the above fails again.
s3kshun61
New to forums
New to forums

Post by s3kshun61 »

Ive tried hosting it elsewhere and using an external connection, but it still doesnt work. The problem lies somewhere between @Arma2NET <--> MySQL (Somewhere in the .NET architecture?)... Hopefully you know something about this? I dont know anything extremely specific to debugging w/o log files wiht .NET. Thanks again for the help.

-s3kShUn61
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

have you tried the follwoing as your db host in your database cfg?

localhost
Actual server ip
s3kshun61
New to forums
New to forums

Post by s3kshun61 »

Ive only tried 127.0.0.1 but that shouldnt be the problem. The hosts.file in the root windows32 directory also is setup to use ::1 and 127.0.0.1 as the localhost, not to mention that the mysql database root user I am connecting to is actually 3 root accounts, one with 127.0.0.1, one with localhost, and one with ::1. I can try it later tonight but based on this it wont change anything.