Arma2/Arma3 RCon Tool (ArmaCon)

Paronity
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Arma2/Arma3 RCon Tool (ArmaCon)

Post by Paronity »

Hey guys! Wasn't sure where to post this, so I figured here would be a good place for it. I am the creator of Paronicon for the CoD series, and since those servers now officially suck, and new games almost guarantee to not give us hostable servers, I took on a new project.

This one is for Arma2/Arma3 (maybe more, but these are what I'm testing with). Will do some more backwards testing soon.

There are now solid tools out there for the arma series in general, so I figured this would be a good one to take on. It is very close to being ready and I am looking for people to test it out for me.

Let me know if you are interested. You can follow updates on it at the following:

Homepage: http://armarcon.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/getarmacon
GSN Forums: http://gsngaming.com/forum/146-armacon/

If anyone is interested in being a guinea pig for me, let me know. It will currently only work with a MySQL database (it will be able to run on SQLite). If you need a MySQL server, I will give you a database on my server for you to test with if you would like. Just need people to test it out.

I'm also welcoming any feedback as to what features and what should be managed.
Creator of Paronicon and ARMAcon
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Arma2/Arma3 RCon Tool (ArmaCon)

Post by Caliban55 »

Nice idea and initiative Paronity!

Is this a server or client sided tool and/or do you also plan to provide a BattlEye RCON GUI interface? If you still need someone to test it, let me know and I can start a few test sessions, though at the moment, I would prefer not to completley replace the BEC server (some of those functions would also be nice to have).

After that, I will see with what kind of options I can come up with :wink: .
Paronity
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Paronity »

Caliban55 wrote:Nice idea and initiative Paronity!
Thanks. I like making admining all servers easier. :)
Caliban55 wrote: Is this a server or client sided tool
This is a remote or local tool. The RCON and play listing is done through RCON commands, and the log checking, updating and such is done either through FTP, or local disc logs. If you run a Windows server you can run it locally on the same box, if not, it will need to be remote (unless it works with Wine).
Caliban55 wrote: do you also plan to provide a BattlEye RCON GUI interface
Apologies, but I'm not 100% sure what you are asking here. This will work though BE RCON as that is what it has been designed to do. If I'm reading that wrong, let me know.
Caliban55 wrote: I would prefer not to completley replace the BEC server (some of those functions would also be nice to have).
Can you give me some examples of what feature that it has that you would like to see? I want to have as many features and possibilities as possible. I'm not out to ruin any other RCON or anything, I just like things to be as simple as possible.
Creator of Paronicon and ARMAcon
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Thx for the reply Paronity.

My question about the GUI interface is pretty much answered; the official BattlEye RCON tool is command-line, which is normally quite OK, but a bit frustrating when you have complex passwords... So what you are working on has a graphic interface.

A few features:
Ingame chat is better to follow through, when the chat text is colour coded and matches Arma 3 colour code (blue -> side, orange -> vehicle, ...)

Different levels of RCON access is also a nice feature, so that not everyone has the ability to shutdown the server, or ban a player permanently for example.

Keeping track of player scores/score trends