New server issues

TheJessMan
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

New server issues

Post by TheJessMan »

Just got an ARMA 3 game server today. Warning, I'm a complete novice at this. Initially, I couldn't connect and got a generic "You were kicked from the game" error. After troubleshooting, I finally was able to connect after adding the CBA mod to the server and enabling only the CBA mod on my game profile. I added some missions and everything seemed to work fine. I could play the game. But I now have two new issues.

First, I can't get the server to start with another mod. When I tried adding one more mod, the server would not start. I'm fairly certain I set up these new mods exactly like I did with CBA. I stopped the server, added the @mod to the ARMA 3 directory so it was with @CBA, added the mod keys to the Keys folder, added a launch parameter, which looked like "@CBA;@tmr;" and started the server. I tried several other mods and had similar results.

Second, some guys are having problems connecting. I have no problems and another guy had no problems. Several other guys were immediately kicked. They only had CBA enabled, just like me. I tried with verifySignatures set to both 1 and 2 and the results were the same (what should that be set to, by the way).

Here is an error on guy was getting:
"files...(file name here)... are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional keys."
After he disables all of these files and tries to log in to the server again, he receives a message telling him that, "you have been kicked from the server."

I'd appreciate any input with either of these issues.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: New server issues

Post by Caliban55 »

The value for verifySignatures should be set to 2 (0 - disable key checking, 1 - use version 1 bikeys: outdated, 2 - use version 2 bikeys: up to date).

You will also have to copy the bikey files that (hopefully) come with your installed mod on the server into your servers \keys folder, or connecting clients will get the message that they are trying to connect with not allowed mods (which will fail of course).

Also mod/mission versions have to match.

Mods may have other dependencies, you will have to check with the specific mod, which have to be loaded also.

And btw, Arma 3 uses cba_a3.
TheJessMan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TheJessMan »

Okay, verifySignatures will always be set to 2 then.

I got the server mod CBA working. I've gotten client side mods (TMR, JSRS, and Blastcore) working. But whenever I try adding another server mod (Task Force Radio), the server won't even come up. I add the @task_force_radio in the same folder as CBA and the two bikeys to the Key folder. My launch parameter looks like "@CBA;@task_force_radio;"
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Task Force Radio is a client side mod if I am not mistaken and does not have to be run on the server (though it does not hinder the server running if I remember correctly).

It should also not be installed in the cba folder (if on the server), it should be in the server root.
You have to adapt your userprofile also.

And your cba is still wrong: -> @cba_a3
TheJessMan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TheJessMan »

I played on another squad's server and on their expansions they have CBA and Task Force Radio, so I figured it needed to be a server mod.

I was putting the @task_force_radio in the server root, not in CBA.

Crap, I did have the wrong launch parameter. It still worked though, but maybe that was causing the TFR problem?
TheJessMan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TheJessMan »

Nope, still have the same problem. Server won't launch. I am reading this error in the rtp file

ErrorMessage: Include file userconfig\task_force_radio\radio_keys.hpp not found.
TheJessMan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TheJessMan »

Is there a way I can get around having to put 10+ server keys in the Keys folder? Looks like some don't have keys on Armaholic and when I try to join, it won't let me. This is always going to be password protected, so I'm not real concerned with guys using crazy mods.
TheJessMan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TheJessMan »

Overlooked what you said verifySignatures=0 did. Got it to work without keys. Any worry in setting that to 0 if the server is always password protected?
.=QUACK=.Major.Pain
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by .=QUACK=.Major.Pain »

You should be fine if your using password and inviting trust worthy people.
Visit gspreviews.com And Rate & Review Your Old & Current GSP's
Find Your GSP Coupons at gspreviews.com/coupons/
TheJessMan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TheJessMan »

Should I have a userconfig folder by default in the sever root? Seems like I need to place task force radio stuff in it. Can I just drag that userconfig into the root location? I'm looking at an AI mod made for servers and it is always mentioning placing files into the userconfig.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Again, Task Force Radio is a client side mod - you do not need it on the server.

Depending on your installation method (in case of VDS/Dedicated server) you have a userconfig folder by default, or not. If not, you can simply create it, will not hurt.

Task Force Radio Official URL:
http://radio.task-force.ru/en/
TheJessMan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TheJessMan »

I've tried running it as client side. It says "No Task Force Radio deployed on server!" as soon as the mission starts. I have to click continue. It does seem to work after that, but there was a weird bug when I was testing it. The other guy could only get the task force radio from me if I dropped it on the ground. In the VAS, it just kept giving him the standard generic one. That isn't the case when we used it in P2P hosting.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

I didn't have any problems running it client sided, worked fine.

The mod replaces the existing radio item with the Task Force Radio object when the client connects; it is not a standard object available from VAS, unless you add it to it with modification of the VAS functions. When you drop your radio on the ground another player can pick it up and it will retain your settings.

In a server-client enviroment, you (as the one starting the server) run Task Force Radio automatically of course.

Which version are you using and did you use play.withSix to get and update the latest version?
TheJessMan
New to forums
New to forums

Post by TheJessMan »

We have 0.8.3. Looks like he just updated to a new version today though. I'm not using play.with.six.

We played with it last night as client side and the problem we encountered was if you went to the VAS, it wouldn't add a TFR, just the generic one. I had one copied to a loadout that I gave to everyone, but it was the same exact radio. The number after it was the same for everyone. So if I was on channel 1 and someone else changed it to channel 2, it changed mine to channel 2. If you are playing in only one fire team, it would work since you would all want to be on the same channel. Multiple fire teams, it ends in confusion, lol.

I added the userconfig and I didn't get that "No Task Force Radio deployed on server." I could also add TFRs, not generic ones, with different numbers, so I guess that was the problem. I also asked nkey (creator of TFR) and he said it should be run as a sever mod.