[RENTED] Mod line so small

PandeX
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

[RENTED] Mod line so small

Post by PandeX »

Hej

just ordered a RENTED server of ArmA 3, but i can not even get half of our mods loaded, as the mod line is not long enough through the control panel,

And no its not an option to combine mods in folders, as it will become a mess to troubleshoot.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: [RENTED] Mod line so small

Post by Caliban55 »

You can use a paramter file. Put a simple text file somewhere in your server root folder (named for example, server_start_up_parameter.txt).

Inside this parameter file, you can define your -mod=...; mods the same way you would define them in the start-up parameter. The text file has to follow the format one command per line (you can define as many mods as you like, but if you put a -cfg paramter in there that has to go in a sepperate line).

Now point the server to the paramater file with the following start-up command:
-par = server_start_up_parameter.txt

Example paramter file:

Code: Select all

-mod=
-config=
-bepath=
-netlog
PandeX
New to forums
New to forums

Post by PandeX »

Thanks for that reply,

Im not sure if this is me, but where do i set the "par ="?
This controlpanel is not as ArmA friendly as many others :)
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

I don't know how the control panel is structured, but the -par= command should follow directly after the arma3server.exe.

arma3server.exe -par=server_start_up_parameter.txt
I don't know if the control panel will let you define this command directly.
PandeX
New to forums
New to forums

Post by PandeX »

Just a headsup,

It works now, thanks for the help. Support was very helpful with the -par :)

Great service :)
Swedge
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Swedge »

I too have many mods to load on the server and seems like I need to use a parameter file.

In NFOServers Server Control "To specify mods for the server to load when it starts, use this field" if I use this:

@chinookpack;
And connect to the server, I am successfully able to load a simple mission containing that mod and the mod works.

However, if I leave that field empty and I edit server_start_up_parameter.txt (which is on the server) so that it contains:

-mod=@chinookpack;
The mod does not work.
I am trying to get one mod to load before I list all the ones I intend to use.

Thank you for your time.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Swedge wrote:I too have many mods to load on the server and seems like I need to use a parameter file.

In NFOServers Server Control "To specify mods for the server to load when it starts, use this field" if I use this:

@chinookpack;
And connect to the server, I am successfully able to load a simple mission containing that mod and the mod works.

However, if I leave that field empty and I edit server_start_up_parameter.txt (which is on the server) so that it contains:

-mod=@chinookpack;
The mod does not work.
I am trying to get one mod to load before I list all the ones I intend to use.

Thank you for your time.
Can you please post (and also check) your server .RPT and see if the parameter file was successfully loaded (and the mods specified in the file)? You have to start the server with the -par= command, which points to your parameter file.

The mods are loaded in the order that you define with the -mod= command.
Swedge
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Swedge »

Caliban55 wrote: Can you please post (and also check) your server .RPT and see if the parameter file was successfully loaded (and the mods specified in the file)? You have to start the server with the -par= command, which points to your parameter file.

The mods are loaded in the order that you define with the -mod= command.
Thank you for your help. Much appreciated. Here is the .RPT file:
http://1drv.ms/1yxM6J4

Best regards,
Swedge
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Your parameter file is not loaded correctly and the mods defined within. Can you check if you placed the -par= option in the correct section of the control panel?

Also make sure that the file name is correct (and not, for example happening under Windows with the "Hide known extension" Explorer option, naming the parameter file server_start_up_parameter.txt.txt).
JHill
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JHill »

server_start_up_parameter.txt

-mod=@CBA_A3;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@task_force_radio;@A3MP;@agm;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@dar_hmmwv;@dar_mtvr;@dar_maxxpro;
Server report file.

The -par parameter appears to be working to a point but the entirety of the mod line inside the server_start_up_parameter.txt is not loaded. Play with six shows the server only running a portion of the mods specified. If I launch my game with the identical mod line I cannot connect.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

From what I can see in the .RPT file, MCC and task force radio are not loaded correctly. Plus a lot of conflicting object inits, but that is not too unusual.

Try to put into your parameter file only CBA, MCC and task force radio and not other mod and check if that works:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@task_force_radio;
Also try to leave out the last semicolon with the last loaded mod:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@task_force_radio
The command networkDiagInterval=xxx is only available for DEV branch performance builds as far as I know (and don't make much sense in a productive play server anyway...).
JHill
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JHill »

It works just fine using the mod parameter you suggested.
server report file

I have already had a well functioning server set-up including TFAR and MCC with other mods such as AGM and others, it wasn't until I added more mods and ran into the character limit that I started having issues. Hence why I'm trying the -par param but it appears to be doing the same thing and cutting the mod line short.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

There is most likely a conflicting mod in there. Try use the working parameter file (with the 3 mods) and then add one additional mod at a time and start/test the server. Did you check for further mod dependencies?

If I would have to venture a guess at something, I would say the problems are with either the A3MP, or one of the vehicle mods.
JHill
New to forums
New to forums

Post by JHill »

I have tested each mod individually (with any dependencies) and they all work. I have tried every possible combination of the mods I could think of. I added one mod at a time to the line with a server restart each time and every time the mod line gets past a certain length it fails to continue reading/loading mods regardless of the order of the mods in the line.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Please try the following format:
Create a simple file called server_startup_parameters.par (the file extension changed from .txt to .par).

In this .par file put the following code:

class Arg
{
mod="-mod=@CBA_A3;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@task_force_radio;@A3MP;@agm;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@dar_hmmwv;@dar_mtvr;@dar_maxxpro";
};
For the server start command, use the following now: -par=server_startup_parameters.par

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Sta ... onfig_File