Managed or unmanned?

Zombiekiller804
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Managed or unmanned?

Post by Zombiekiller804 »

What should I do, do a unmanned or a managed? And what is Easter to do? What is the different reasons between them both. Please help me. 8O
Bubka3
Compulsive poster
Compulsive poster

Re: Managed or unmanned?

Post by Bubka3 »

J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

If your gonna run an arma 3 server which is altis life or epoch then you cant run them on a managed because those mods require mysql database or redis etc.but you can run wasteland mods on a managed.managed is so easier to manage because its 1 click install of your server and nfo updates it for you.

For an un-managed ..you will have access to your virtual windows desktop..this means you can install any game you wish but you will have to install arma 3 manually.also update it manually.you will have more freedom to install a type of arma 3 game such as epoch mod or altis life.you will also be able to manually install a database.The catch? Well you should know what your doing.i would install arma 3 server just for lractice on your own desktop..see if you can do it.

Managed is alot easier to install..1 click install anygame you like tho provided its from the game server list that nfo provides.
djammed
New to forums
New to forums

Post by djammed »

Hello! :) J-English is right, you can't make an Epoch or an Altis Life server on a managed server only. One way of setting a server like this up is buying 2 servers. One powerful managed(at least 4 cores) and weak one unmanaged(2 cores). On the powerful managed server, install Arma 3 and get Epoch or Altis Life working there. On the unmanaged one, run your SQL database. This is probably the easiest option. It is quite costly though. I got this idea from a guy on the IRC chat, I don't remember his name(Thanks so much that guy). Anyway, you're other option is going full unmanaged. That is a little complicated. Anyway, if you need any help setting it up, I can help you. The only thing I don't know how to do is binding one of the extra IP's to the game server. But everything else like setting up the Database and scripts I can help you with.