Binding IP with Arma 3 Altis Life server

djammed
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Binding IP with Arma 3 Altis Life server

Post by djammed »

Hello everybody! :) Thanks for taking a look at my post. I just bought my first VDS server. With the VDS server I also bought 5 extra IP addresses. After buying it, I decided to setup Arma 3 Altis Life on it. I was wondering, how do I bind 1 of these 5 IP addresses to the Altis Life game server and the SQL Database. I am very confused about how this will work. May someone please explain step by step how to do this. Thank you very much for taking a look at my post.

Thanks,
Arthur
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Re: Binding IP with Arma 3 Altis Life server

Post by kraze »

On the command line for your server you would just need to use the "-ip=" command. That will bind the server to any IP of your choosing.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
djammed
New to forums
New to forums

Post by djammed »

Thank you so much for your help! :) I have another question, how do I bind the sql server with the IP? I am using XAMPP for the mySQL server. Thank you for your help :)
kraze
Former staff
Former staff

Post by kraze »

If my research is correct you should be able to define an IP in xampp\mysql\bin\my.ini. Though, please be extremely careful when running XAMPP. It is not meant for production servers and is highly insecure and can easily be compromised. Be sure to secure/harden your XAMPP setup before it goes live.
@Kraze^NFo> Juski has a very valid point
@Juski> Got my new signature, thanks!
@Kraze^NFo> Out of context!
@Juski> Doesn't matter!
@Juski> You said I had a valid point! You can't take it back now! It's out there!
djammed
New to forums
New to forums

Post by djammed »

Ok, thank you so much for your timely response. You guys are amazing. What XAMMP alternative would you recommend that is secure?

Thanks,
Arthur
Edge100x
Founder
Founder

Post by Edge100x »

XAMPP is insecure by default because it includes an open phpmyadmin install with a default password, MySQL with default password, etc (if I recall correctly). If you manually go through and change all of your passwords, and disable or firewall off any services that you don't need, that should work.