Arma 3 server help

dachurchill
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Arma 3 server help

Post by dachurchill »

Im currently making an arma 3 invade and annex server. i got the basics setup or least its playable with invade. im having issues when it comes to adding mods such as Cba_a3 and Usaf. The problem i find the most is that i get this error and kicked out. "Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.usaf_b1b, usaf_c5" however i find that they are in the @usaf
arma3.rpt - http://pastebin.com/9twt3P1W
exec.rpt - http://pastebin.com/EWfsnY5j
server.cfg - http://pastebin.com/RKrrTtuB
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Arma 3 server help

Post by Caliban55 »

From what I see from you supplied arma3.rpt, your client (your home computer) is not loading any mods (at least CBA is required, no idea what other dependencies DAC and usaf require).

To rule out a problem with the BIS lauchner/3rd party launcher, please navigate to your ArmA3 installation folder on your client home computer and there open a command line window and enter:

Code: Select all

arma3.exe -mod=@cba_a3;@dac@usaf;
to start your ArmA 3 client and bypassing any launcher(s). I assume here that you installed the mods to your client ArmA 3 root folder, if you used your Documents folder (or any other folder), you have to adjust the path.

Is there any reason why you run the server instance as a headless client (only if you intend it this way)? I am not sure that the NFO gameserver will support this (does not make much sense anyway...).
dachurchill
New to forums
New to forums

Post by dachurchill »

As to the reason why im running the headless client. in most of the server instructions tell you to do so to migrate the load of the AI. im not even entirely sure its doing anything really.

I have the -mod parameter in the launcher along with the one for the server. However i think im over expecting what an arma 3 server can do. i was expecting to add addons to the server. and the clients to be able to join and download them. However even when i had them enabled id get kicked from the server for having the mods enabled on client side.
dachurchill
New to forums
New to forums

Post by dachurchill »

Also Caliban55 i thank you for your dedication i see that you been helping people since before 2013, i gotta say thats impressive.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Thanks dachurchill! I am not the only one here who is helping other for quite some time now, there are others who also throw in their time if they can.

To the mods:
The ArmA server does not distribute the loaded mods to the clients, it is the clients responsibility to install the mods correctly. As there are mods that are several GB in size, it is also not really recommendable to do this, this would render the server nearly unplayable, if it had to send GB of data to each client.

Did you define the mods in your launcher profile correctly, as it does not show you loading any mods? Did you also try to bypass the launcher as I recommended and test it with directly starting the arma3.exe?

You also have to add the mod keys to your server's key folder in order for clients to connect to the server without being kicked.

The Headless Client (HC):
A HC is a ArmA instance that connects to a server and helps to offload some of the computational processes from the server to the HC, if the mission author wrote the mission specifically to do this. A HC by itself does nothing. The localClient[]={127.0.0.1} command is used to remove internal bandwidth limits for the HC instance.

In your case I assume that you want to run a ArmA3 server, not a HC. A HC can not be used to connect to by clients, it is itself a client connecting to a server.

The increase in performance, if any, is highly depending on what and how the mission author wrote the code for the HC. And there are quite a few risks involved using a HC. If the HC crashes, the whole mission is going down the drain...

I would recommend to remove the HC parameters.
dachurchill
New to forums
New to forums

Post by dachurchill »

i fixed the issues with headless client however with an invade and annex it and dac are set in the mission to run. with the addons i agree it would kill the server performance and that. im just used to gmod with the ability to set it to download from an outside connection, that way it doesnt hit the server. With a headless client working correctly when u log into admin i see in the headless client slot. but its blank is that normal or is the hc still not working. last night i followed a guide on setting it up and after that the ai started to actualy fire at the players correctly again, which leads me to believe i got it working. as for those logs i disabled the mods at that time. i ended up uninstalling the mods from the server. since as a new server i doubt hardly anyone would want to download the addon to just get in the server. i did add the keys to the server key file but it still kicked me out. Since im looking to build a player base ive decided to remove the mods. for now atleast.

As for the others im glad theres others but ive seen ur name show up alot. i also apologies for the horrible grammer, im rushing this atm to get ready to head out on vacation.
dachurchill
New to forums
New to forums

Post by dachurchill »

ill see what i can do to keep in the loop over the next few days.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

The HC is defined in the mission through a unit object (normally), which is a reserved slot for the HC connecting. If there is no HC connected, the slot will appear grayed out and not accessible, if you connect as a server admin. That is normal and intended. In this case, no HC code will be executed and all processes will be executed by the server (well, or client, if the mission author choose that option).

You have to add all the mod keys provided from the mods (cba_a3, dac, usaf, etc.) to your server's key folder and then restart the mission. If you still can't connect, please post your client and server RPT file and I can take a look.

Have a good vacation :D !