Game server set up

VanBeek46
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Game server set up

Post by VanBeek46 »

= C:\TCAFiles\Users\matthewv1\414\arma3server.exe
== "C:\TCAFiles\Users\matthewv1\414\arma3server.exe" -ip=216.246.109.162 -port=2302 -mod=@ace3_official;@alive;@allinarmaterrainpack;@asdg_attachments;@asdg_jm;@caf_ag;@caf_ag_audiopatch;@cba_a3;@clf_mods;@dynamicmovement;@fata_a3;@hiddenidentityv2;@improvedfatiguesystem;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@niko_usa;@niko_usa_vests;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@rh_pistol_a3;@task_force_radio;@trixie_backpacks; -noPause -noSound -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=2048 -exThreads=7 "-cfg=A3DS\basic.cfg" "-config=A3DS\server.cfg" "-profiles=A3DS" -world=empty

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server
Exe timestamp: 2015/04/15 15:38:58
Current time: 2015/05/07 12:55:06

Type: Public
Branch: Stable
Version: 1.42.130340

Allocator: C:\TCAFiles\Users\matthewv1\414\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll
=====================================================================

12:55:06 ManagerConfig()
12:55:07 String STR_MOD_LAUNCHER_ACTION not found
12:55:08 Item STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_ACTION_IN_MAP listed twice
12:55:08 Item str_usract_action_in_map listed twice
12:55:08 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_SWITCH_GUNS
12:55:08 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_SWITCH_ROCKETS
12:55:08 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_SWITCH_MISSILES
12:55:08 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_SWITCH_BOMBS
12:55:08 Cannot register unknown string STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_SWITCH_GUNS
12:55:08 Cannot register unknown string STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_SWITCH_ROCKETS
12:55:08 Cannot register unknown string STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_SWITCH_MISSILES
12:55:08 Cannot register unknown string STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_SWITCH_BOMBS

Can someone help me here this is what i am getting for a error
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Game server set up

Post by Caliban55 »

What is the problem? Does the server/mission not start, or is it just the error entry in the log file? Could you also please append the full server RPT, your pasted part does not show enough info on what happens during loading.

From what I can say so far:
cba_a3 should always be loaded as the first mod, as it provides functions that other mods depend on.

Update your server to the latest stable branch version (1.44 at the moment).

If that does not help, disable all mods and start adding them one at a time (add mod, start the server, check RPT file, continue process). You are loading a high number of mods and finding out which one is causing the error, or if there are conflicts between mods is nearly impossible.
VanBeek46
New to forums
New to forums

Post by VanBeek46 »

server does not show in the mp list and also says not responding to query did you want my server configs?
VanBeek46
New to forums
New to forums

Post by VanBeek46 »

// STEAM
steamport =2300;
steamqueryport =2301;

// GLOBAL SETTINGS

hostname = 3rd Platoon Vikings; // The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list
password = ""; // Password for joining, eg connecting to the server
passwordAdmin = ""; // Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'
//reportingIP = "arma3pc.master.gamespy.com"; // This is the default setting. Leave empty for private servers if you do not want your server listed publicly
logFile = "A3Master.log";
verifySignatures = 2;

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[]={
};
motdInterval = 5; // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES
maxPlayers = 12; // Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.
// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers = 1; // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold = 0.33; // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective
//voteMissionPlayers = 0;

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN = 0; // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
vonCodecQuality = 8; // Quality from 1 to 10
persistent = 1; // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.

/*
// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions
{
class Mission1
{
template="Test%20Mission.ProvingGrounds_PMC";
difficulty="Regular";
};
};
*/

kickDuplicate = 1;
equalModRequired = 0;
requiredSecureId = 2;
timeStampFormat = "short";

// SCRIPTING ISSUES
onUserConnected = ""; //
onUserDisconnected = ""; //
doubleIdDetected = ""; //

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)"; // unsigned data detected
onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0)"; //"ban (_this select 0)"; // tampering of the signature detected
onDifferentData = "";
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

I was referring to the (complete) server sided RPT logfile. You posted only a short part of it, (or did you copy and paste the info from the application window?).
= C:\TCAFiles\Users\matthewv1\414\arma3server.exe
== "C:\TCAFiles\Users\matthewv1\414\arma3server.exe" -ip=216.246.109.162 -port=2302 -mod=@ace3_official;@alive;@allinarmaterrainpack;@asdg_attachments;@asdg_jm;@caf_ag;@caf_ag_audiopatch;@cba_a3;@clf_mods;@dynamicmovement;@fata_a3;@hiddenidentityv2;@improvedfatiguesystem;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@niko_usa;@niko_usa_vests;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@rh_pistol_a3;@task_force_radio;@trixie_backpacks; -noPause -noSound -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=2048 -exThreads=7 "-cfg=A3DS\basic.cfg" "-config=A3DS\server.cfg" "-profiles=A3DS" -world=empty

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server
Exe timestamp: 2015/04/15 15:38:58
Current time: 2015/05/07 12:55:06
steamPort and steamQueryPort are no longer required after version 1.22, you can remove them from your server.cfg. Any value you define there will be ingored. The steamPort and steamQueryPort are now linked directly to your game port +1 and +2. In your case, 2303 and 2304.
  • Does the server load the mission correctly?
  • Can you directly connect to it from the ingame server browser using IP and Port?
  • In case you are running a firewall, did you create a rule in it to allow access for the arma3server.exe process?
  • Are you using any 3rd party launcher/BIS launcher to start the game on your home computer?
For the basic setup of an ArmA server I would recommend to to that without any mods loading and a standard stock mission. You can add the mods once the server is running stable.

Also, your mission file should not contain any blanks/spaces when you save it from the Editor as a Multiplayer mission. The % in your mission name is not recommended.

And of course update the server to the latest version and load cba first as recommened in the first post.
VanBeek46
New to forums
New to forums

Post by VanBeek46 »

Where would i find the rull RPT file?
Also i have a control panel i use to start the server
Before the mods were added i started the server and it loaded the mission just fine
When i have the mods loaded on the server and in the command line the server does not even show
on the arma mp list
If i have the mods installed on the server but not in the command line the server shows on the list and when i try to join it gives me and error for rh_pistol_a3 and fata_a3 and improvedfatiguesystem erros saying that these do not have keys installed on the server for the pbo file

The file Fata.pbo and rh_de_cfg.pbo and also fatiguesystem.pbo are the only pbo files that error out
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

On a Windows 7/8 Server 2008 you can find the RPT file here:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Arma 3

They are written to your Users AppData folder, which is by default hidden. You have to enable the display of hidden files and folders in Windows Explorer.

If the server is not showing in the server browser after you added the mods I would assume that the server does not load the mission correctly. You can verify this in the RPT file. I also recommend to add the following start up parameter:

Code: Select all

-autoInit
It does not matter if you copy the mods your ArmA 3 root folder - as long as they are not loaded throught the -mod= parameter, they do nothing there and don't interfere with the server running.

You have to copy the keys from the mods to your server Keys folder to accept clients connecting with these mods (that's why you got the error for missing keys when you tried to join).