ArmA 3 server not loading all addons and mods. (I need help)

Drifter
A semi-regular
A semi-regular
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

ArmA 3 server not loading all addons and mods. (I need help)

Post by Drifter »

Hello, I am having issues where not all my addons are running on our private server. I have the launch perameters typed correctly in the -mod= box on my panel. To be exact of how many addons are running, only 10 out of 21 addons.

Latest RPT:
http://pastebin.com/TGCGDxNB

Latest launch parameters:
@cba_a3;@agm;@alive;@asr_ai3;@burnes_m1a2;@c17a3;@ctab;@cw_nineliners_and_notepad;@dar_maxxpro;@f16c_standalone;@fa18_a3;@firewill_sar;@kyo_mh47e_a3;@leights_opfor;@mbg_killhouses_a3;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@rav_lifter_a3;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@StrykerPack;@TFAR;

Photo of my FTP addon files:
http://gyazo.com/511d8f1fce9fb73ff23c886c450ed5ed

Any help please?
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: ArmA 3 server not loading all addons and mods. (I need h

Post by Caliban55 »

When loading a large number of mods, it is usually a good practice to use a parameter file (well, actually it is always a good idea to do this :wink: ). Simply create a textfile in your ArmA 3 server root folder, name it arma3server_startup_parameters.txt (or whatever you prefer to call it) and add the following name to your startup parameters:

Code: Select all

-par=name_of_your_paramter_file, in this case -par=arma3server_startup_parameters.txt
The parameter file can contain your startup parameters (one per line) and also the -mod= parameter. It would look like this:

-name=server
-config=cfg\server.cfg
-cfg=cfg\basic.cfg
-mod=mod1;mod2;mod3;
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Sta ... onfig_File

Now back to your mod problem.
Did you check the dependencies for each mod? Did you check if the mods you want to use are fully compatible with the latest Arma 3 version (1.44)?

Your RPT file reports that there are errors with the location of the mods (NOT FOUND) under the origin column, for example with the f16c_stand mod (ignore the Arma 3 DLC bundle, that is normal as long as your are not using the bundle version). Check if the integrity of the mod is correct and if it was uploaded correctly.
Drifter
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Drifter »

Caliban55 wrote:When loading a large number of mods, it is usually a good practice to use a parameter file (well, actually it is always a good idea to do this :wink: ). Simply create a textfile in your ArmA 3 server root folder, name it arma3server_startup_parameters.txt (or whatever you prefer to call it) and add the following name to your startup parameters:

-par=name_of_your_paramter_file, in this case -par=arma3server_startup_parameters.txt
The parameter file can contain your startup parameters (one per line) and also the -mod= parameter. It would look like this:

-name=server
-config=cfg\server.cfg
-cfg=cfg\basic.cfg
-mod=mod1;mod2;mod3;

Did you check the dependencies for each mod? Did you check if the mods you want to use are fully compatible with the latest Arma 3 version (1.44)?

Your RPT file reports that there are errors with the location of the mods (NOT FOUND) under the origin column, for example with the f16c_stand mod (ignore the Arma 3 DLC bundle, that is normal as long as your are not using the bundle version). Check if the integrity of the mod is correct and if it was uploaded correctly.
I found another way around this problem. But I will keep this post in mind if I do encounter future issues.

Drifter
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Drifter »

Caliban55 wrote:When loading a large number of mods, it is usually a good practice to use a parameter file (well, actually it is always a good idea to do this :wink: ). Simply create a textfile in your ArmA 3 server root folder, name it arma3server_startup_parameters.txt (or whatever you prefer to call it) and add the following name to your startup parameters:

-name=server
-config=cfg\server.cfg
-cfg=cfg\basic.cfg
-mod=mod1;mod2;mod3;

Ok... my last attempt which was working for sometime now has failed. I am falling back on this now. I am completely lost at the part where you enter the code,

Where would I place this exactly... I can't find a folder with the start up parameters to place this. I'm lost... I under stand the part where I create a txt file holding the second code you stated, but the first code I don't know where to place it.

Can you give me a step by step explanation. like 1st 2nd and 3rd step.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

I assume that you are renting a single gameserver going by the info from your RPT file (not a VDS or Dedicated package). In this case look in your control panel and check if there is a field for startup parameters. If not, you have to use the parameter array file format.

Please create in your Arma 3 root folder a file called:

ArmA3.par
Exact spelling for the file name please.

Inside the ArmA3.par file put in the following info:

class Arg
{
      mod="-mod=@mod1;@mod2;";
};
Please use the exact format here! Add the mods that you want to use as mod1, mod2,... The parameter file will then be read automatically on server start, you don't have to define it the -par= startup command.