Bec not working on Arma 2 VDS

mkiker
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Bec not working on Arma 2 VDS

Post by mkiker »

Hello, I recently got a windows 2008 R2 VDS server from NFO. I have pretty much everything running currently except Bec. I have been running my server for around a year now and been though about 3 dedicated hosts. This is my first time setting up a VDS, much less a arma 2 (dayz overpoch) server from the ground up.

I downloaded Bec from here http://ibattle.org/downloads/ and followed the install guide to the best that I understood from the install and configure tab on that link.

I first downloaded and installed Bec to a folder on my desktop, as it says not to install into the arma directory. I could not get it to work.

I then downloaded and installed it into my servers root directory. C:\Users\HIDDEN\Desktop\Miike's overpoch server\UEP_BattlEye_Extended_Controller_Installer-master It put a folder called instance_11_Chernarus inside that installer master folder. In my main arma 2 directory I do not use the instance_11_Chernarus folder. I use instance_1_Overpoch, so I changed the name in the UEP_BattlEye blah blah folder to instance_1_Overpoch.

I then proceeded to try and run the start.Bat from the UEP_BattlEye_Extended_Controller_Installer-master folder. It said something to the effect that it could not find the instance_11_Chernarus folder. I edited the start and restart.bat files and changed the instance_11_Chernarus to instance_1_Overpoch. I tried to run it again and got this windows can not find 'DayZ_Overpoch.bat make sure your path is typed correctly. Here is the start.bat

@ echo off
pushd %~dp0
cd /d %CD%
start /b "Dayz Epoch Server" /min "DayZ_Overpoch.bat"
timeout 15
cd "C:\Users\HIDDEN\Desktop\Miike's overpoch server\UEP_BattlEye_Extended_Controller_Installer-master\instance_1_Overpoch\BattlEye\Bec"
start "UEP BattlEye Extended Control" /min "BEC.exe" -f "Config.cfg"
taskkill /f /im cmd.exe
cls
@exit

Inside the UEP_BattlEye_Extended_Controller_Installer-master\instance_1_Overpoch\BattlEye I try to open the Bec.exe and get this

C:\Users\HIDDEN\Desktop\Miike's overpoch server\UEP_BattlEye_Extended_Controller_Installer-master\instance_1_Overpoch\BattlEye\Bec.exe
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command -line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

I have no idea where that event log is, or further more how to fix it.

If anyone could please help me out it would be much appreciated.

Mike
mkiker
New to forums
New to forums

Re: Bec not working on Arma 2 VDS

Post by mkiker »

Or if someone would like to walk me though how they installed BEC onto there VDS for arma 2 overpoch, then I could delete what I have done and follow that. I may have made a mistake (pretty sure I did) somewhere.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

The side-by-side error is caused by a missing dependency for Visual C++ libraries. In this case BEC requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (install both 32 and 64 bit versions; BEC only uses 32bit, but for future applications, it doesn't hurt to install the 64bit also).

Installation: Just copy it to a folder on your drive and configure the config.cfg to point to the folder that has your active Battleye running it it. BEC doesn't require any "instances" from Overpoch.

For restarting, I would recommend to either use NSSM, or the Windows Task Scheduler.
mkiker
New to forums
New to forums

Post by mkiker »

I ended up working it out with a guy I found on opendayz.