Arma3 Rcon Password won't change.

Carcass
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Arma3 Rcon Password won't change.

Post by Carcass »

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this but regular users cannot post topics in the game servers section, nor there is a game server support forum.
I was directed to post here since I couldn't be help over the ticket I opened through the control panel.

I recently change the password to access the server through RCon, and the changes won't take effect.
People are still able to login using the old password, and we have unauthorized people impersonating admins.

I change the password on the beserver.cfg and server.cfg and nothing.
Server has been restarted several times and still no changes have been made.

Can anyone assist me with this?

Thanks in advance.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Arma3 Rcon Password won't change.

Post by Caliban55 »

Please post your BEServer.cfg, server.cfg and a RPT file when you were trying to log in (full RPT, not a part) and your starting command line parameters.

For which version is this ArmA2, or ArmA3?

Are you sure that you are editing the correct BEServer.cfg file (it should have been renamed to contain the string acive when the server is running)?

Are you using a 3rd party launcher software (TADST, etc.); if so, please try it without any launcher, just start the server application with the correct command line parameters.

The BattlEye Rcon and the server ingame admin logins are not related to each other in any way, so my first guess would be that you are not editing the correct config files, or that a 3rd party launcher software is interfering.