"Setting up client, please wait" - Arma 3 Atlis Life

Frank!
New to forums
New to forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

"Setting up client, please wait" - Arma 3 Atlis Life

Post by Frank! »

I've tried to setup a Atlis Life server with SQL. The Arma server is on a VPS and the SQL is on the NFOs webhosting platform with myphpadmin. I've checked everything I can and it still seems the game will not connect to the database. Could anyone help please! I'm offering a small money reward to anyone who can!
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: "Setting up client, please wait" - Arma 3 Atlis Life

Post by Caliban55 »

Frank! wrote:I've tried to setup a Atlis Life server with SQL. The Arma server is on a VPS and the SQL is on the NFOs webhosting platform with myphpadmin. I've checked everything I can and it still seems the game will not connect to the database. Could anyone help please! I'm offering a small money reward to anyone who can!
Why don't you set up the database server directly on the VPS with the MySQL community server?
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/

Though you have to set up the database user/connection there also.
Frank!
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Frank! »

Caliban55 wrote:
Frank! wrote:I've tried to setup a Atlis Life server with SQL. The Arma server is on a VPS and the SQL is on the NFOs webhosting platform with myphpadmin. I've checked everything I can and it still seems the game will not connect to the database. Could anyone help please! I'm offering a small money reward to anyone who can!
Why don't you set up the database server directly on the VPS with the MySQL community server?
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/

Though you have to set up the database user/connection there also.
I've done that using WAMP, I'm still having the same issue. If anyone can assist, I would be so happy :)
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

WAMP/XAMP are not a good idea to use, I would recommend the MySQL from the above link together with MySQL Workbench (which will be automatically installed).

Please post your config files for extDB and your extDB log files and your server start-up parameters, maybe also your RPT file.
Frank!
New to forums
New to forums

Post by Frank! »

Caliban55 wrote:WAMP/XAMP are not a good idea to use, I would recommend the MySQL from the above link together with MySQL Workbench (which will be automatically installed).

Please post your config files for extDB and your extDB log files and your server start-up parameters, maybe also your RPT file.
After some playing around with the SQL on the WAMP server, I got it working.

Thats for the recommendation on hosting it locally :)