Arma 3 server not starting Windows

It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Arma 3 server not starting Windows

Post by It'sRandinator »

As the titles says. I've only installed exile and exileserver. It simply hangs. My mod parameters are @Exile;@ExileServer and Command line:

Code: Select all

-ip=ip -port=2302 -name=server -autoInit -config=cfg\server.cfg -cfg=cfg\basic.cfg -profiles=cfg -filepatching -mod=@Exile;@ExileServer
Any ideas? There's nothing in /logs or /cfg/myserver_logs.
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Re: Arma 3 server not starting Windows

Post by It'sRandinator »

I pasted my server log via http://pastebin.com/UGPbWyJm

I also tried this start up line, no luck.

-ip=ip -port=2302 -mod=@exile;Kart;Mark;Heli; -servermod=@exileserver; -config=c:\servers\arma3ex\@ExileServer\config.cfg -profiles=cfg -cfg=c:\servers\arma3ex\@ExileServer\basic.cfg -name=SC -autoinit
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

Did you first start the server without anymods first for it to initialize..then add mods and parameters after ?
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Sounds like a database connection issue. Did you check if the ArmA3 server can successfully connect to the MySQL database (or whatever database server you are using)? Also please post your server.cfg.

Are you trying to run the ArmA3 server under a Linux OS?
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

Well the only error coming up is

Loaded 0 apps from install folder "c:\servers\armaex\steamapps\appmanifest_*.acf".
The server starts now, just not the Exile mod. This is my mod parameter in the nfo cp

@Exile;@ExileServer;
http://pastebin.com/Au83iyFQ

No database errors.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

From your RPT file:
2016/05/23, 0:05:13 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
The mission file is expecting a dependency to another add-on/mod. Did you use the original mission file that comes with Exile, or a mission that you got from some other server?

Also in your server.cfg, try to comment out the following commands, if they are present:

allowedLoadFileExtensions[] =
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] =
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[]
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

Caliban55 wrote:From your RPT file:
2016/05/23, 0:05:13 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
The mission file is expecting a dependency to another add-on/mod. Did you use the original mission file that comes with Exile, or a mission that you got from some other server?

Also in your server.cfg, try to comment out the following commands, if they are present:

allowedLoadFileExtensions[] =
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] =
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[]
I'm using the mission files that came with Exileserver: Exile.Atlis and Exile.Namalsk

Done, commented out.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

Exile for Namalsk requires a 3rd party mod, the Exile.Altis should work with vanilla ArmA3 though.

Did you start the server with the @ExileServer in the -mod= parameter, as this would require clients to also have the ExileServer Add-On loaded? It is usually a better method to use a parameter file for ArmA (in case of a managed VDS, you have to use the .par format and place the file in your server root folder for it to automatically load on server start).

Without taking a look at the server startup myself, the only other thing I can suggest is to check if the mod files were not corrupted during upload.
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

The start up line below seems to load Exile but asks when you join that the Exile is not loaded or unidentified. "Exile server not loaded" is not present.

-ip=ip -port=2302 -mod=@exile;Kart;Mark;Heli; -servermod=@exileserver; -config=c:\servers\armaex\@ExileServer\config.cfg -profiles=cfg -cfg=c:\servers\armaex\@ExileServer\basic.cfg -name=SC -autoinit
Should I setup this command line into a bat file?
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

I tried to setup the bat file with

-mod=@exile;Kart;Mark;Heli; -servermod=@exileserver; -config=c:\servers\armaex\@ExileServer\config.cfg -profiles=cfg -cfg=c:\servers\armaex\@ExileServer\basic.cfg -name=SC -autoinit
. Didn't work. Can I give you access to the server? PM me your nfo email.
It'sRandinator
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by It'sRandinator »

it works, but when prompted to join the server it says Exile not loaded and exile_client is loaded in mission.sqm

My mission.sqm file

http://pastebin.com/dpbZu1xJ

my start.bat file with -par=start.bat as the command line. It works shows 64 slots unlike when I pasted below into the command line only showed 30. It doesn't even start/show map (gametracker) name. And changed the server name to Managed VDS.

-mod=@Exile;@Namalsk -servermod=@ExileServer; -config=C:\Servers\armaex\@ExileServer\config.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=SC -cfg=C:\Servers\armaex\@ExileServer\basic.cfg -name=SC -autoinit
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

What kind of NFO server are you renting? A managed VDS, or unmanaged (you mention the control panel, so I assume a managed service; just to be on the clear side :D ).

A batch file is not what I meant, and does not work in this context, though the ArmA 3 server reconizes it with the -par paramter. A ArmA3 paramter file structure is described here:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Sta ... onfig_File

If you create a file named ArmA3.par (exact spelling) and place it in the ArmA3 server root folder, it will be loaded automatically on server startup. The parameter file shoul contain the following:

class Arg
{
port="-port=2302";
config="-config=C:\Servers\armaex\@ExileServer\config.cfg";
profiles="-profiles=SC -cfg=C:\Servers\armaex\@ExileServer\basic.cfg";
mod="-mod=@Exile;";
servermod="-servermod=@ExileServer;";
name=" -name=SC";
autoinit="-autoinit";
};
You can also use a text format for the parameter file that you can use the following structure and can load it with the -par command.

-nosplash
-skipIntro
-world=none
-mod=Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@cwr2
"c:\arma2\Users\USERNAME\missions\MissionName.Desert_E\mission.sqm"
I would recommend using the Altis mission first and getting this to work, before using the Namalsk mod. This forum here does not allow clients to send PMs, but you can try to catch me on our forum under http://www.tnt-squad.com. TeamSpeak info is available there also.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

To wrap it up, the problem here was to apply the correct configuration files in a managed enviroment and using a working mission file. Server is running now, have fun :D !