ArmA 3 "All 3 servers are causing CLIENT-SIDE memory crashes".

Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC40BgXanDqOYoVCYFDSTfHA

Re: ArmA 3 "All 3 servers are causing CLIENT-SIDE memory crashes".

Post by Caliban55 »

We are using Windows Server 2008R2, so it might be worth to give this a try.

Other than that, the only option is for Bohemia to analyse the memory dump file(s) and maybe provide a fix.
Drifter
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Drifter »

Caliban55 wrote:We are using Windows Server 2008R2, so it might be worth to give this a try.

Other than that, the only option is for Bohemia to analyse the memory dump file(s) and maybe provide a fix.
Correction, we are running a Managed Windows Server. Do you think that will have anything to do with the crashing.
Drifter
A semi-regular
A semi-regular

Post by Drifter »

Drifter wrote:
Caliban55 wrote:We are using Windows Server 2008R2, so it might be worth to give this a try.

Correction, we are running a Managed Windows Server. Do you think that will have anything to do with the crashing.
Another update, 2 of 3 of our servers are causing crashes. Our 2 public servers 1 modded and 1 non modded are causing memory crashes, our private server is not causing any memory crashes at all. All 3 of our servers are ran on the Windows Managed Server.

Thank you.
Caliban55
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by Caliban55 »

It should not make a difference if the server is on a managed or unmanaged plan.

We are using a unmanaged service, so I don't know if you can select the operating system version on a managed plan.

You could also try to completely wipe and reinstall the servers that are crashing, and try to start them without any mods (or any other files) uploaded into the server root folder, if you haven't done this already.

BTW, can you also post the RPT file from the server that is rejecting connections (best turn on detailed log info), in case there is something useful in there (which I doubt...).

Did you also try one of the performance build exe files already?
claws01
New to forums
New to forums

Post by claws01 »

i had the same problem with one of my server after the 1.62 update, you should remove all mod and , also try to empty your BE script filter and try again , if nothing happen , this mean you should binarize your mission and add -filePatching to your launch parameter . hope this will help
J-English
This is my homepage
This is my homepage

Post by J-English »

when i rented a managed VDS and a unmanaged VDS our server crashed 3 times in an hour with NFO(way before apex (1.62)..I ran wasteland mssion mods and vanilla wasteland missions and still had issues..This went on for ages..But its not NFOS part i think running arma your better off with a dedicated machine whether its managed or unmanaged.This killed our population so i switched hosts and running a dedicated server managed, and i dont have an issue at all now.

Dedicated is better for arma 3 with NFO or anyone else in my opinion.
Better of renting a full machine with nfo and you can run a couple of arma servers.

Try this template that i use

Code: Select all

//
// server.cfg
//
// STEAM
steamport= 
steamqueryport=

// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname = "Server name here";			// The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list
password = "";						// Password for joining, eg connecting to the server
passwordAdmin = "blah";					// Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'
//reportingIP = "armedass.master.gamespy.com";		// For ArmA1 publicly list your server on GameSpy. Leave empty for private servers
//reportingIP = "arma2pc.master.gamespy.com";		// For ArmA2 publicly list your server on GameSpy. Leave empty for private servers
//reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";		// For Arma2: Operation Arrowhead
//reportingIP = "master.gamespy.com";
logFile = "server_console.log";				// Tells ArmA-server where the logfile should go and what it should be called

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval
motd[] = {
	"", "",  
	"Welcome to my server",
	"", "",  
	"Server Restarts Every 6 Hours ",
	""
};
motdInterval = 5;					// Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES
checkfiles[] = {};					// Outdated.
maxPlayers = 100;					// Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.
kickDuplicate = 1;					// Each ArmA version has its own ID. If kickDuplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.
verifySignatures = 2;					// Verifies .pbos against .bisign files. Valid values 0 (disabled), 1 (prefer v2 sigs but accept v1 too) and 2 (only v2 sigs are allowed). 
equalModRequired = 0;					// Outdated. If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.
//requiredBuild = 12345					// Require clients joining to have at least build 12345 of game, preventing obsolete clients to connect

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers = 1;					// Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold = 0.33;					// 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN = 1;						// If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
vonCodecQuality = 0;					// since 1.62.95417 supports range 1-20 //since 1.63.x will supports range 1-30 //8kHz is 0-10, 16kHz is 11-20, 32kHz is 21-30
persistent = 1;						// If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.
timeStampFormat = "short";				// Set the timestamp format used on each report line in server-side RPT file. Possible values are "none" (default),"short","full".
//BattlEye = 1;                                           // Server to use BattlEye system

// SCRIPTING ISSUES
onUserConnected = "";					//
onUserDisconnected = "";				//
doubleIdDetected = "";					//
//regularCheck = "{}";                                  //  Server checks files from time to time by hashing them and comparing the hash to the hash values of the clients. Causes heavy I/O, uncomment to disable feature - READ WARNING ABOVE - makes cheating possible!
allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; //only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via loadFile command (since Arma 3 build 1.19.124216)
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; //only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via preprocessFile/preprocessFileLineNumber commands (since Arma 3 build 1.19.124323)
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[] = {"htm","html","xml","txt"}; //only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via HTMLLoad command (since Arma 3 build 1.27.126715)
//allowedHTMLLoadURIs = {}; // Leave commented to let missions/campaigns/addons decide what URIs are supported. Uncomment to define server-level
allowedVoteCmds[] = {}; // disable voting!

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";		// unsigned data detected
onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0)";			// tampering of the signature detected
onDifferentData = "";					// data with a valid signature, but different version than the one present on server detected

class Missions
{
	class Arma3 {
		template = My mission here; // 
		difficulty = "regular";    // difficulty settings: veteran == NORMAL, mercenary == HARDCORE
                respawn = "2";
	};
};